Question

Student
hotwarmguy
Message 1 of 9 (2,100 Views)

i have a pavilion dv7 laptop. it says no bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key.

i have a pavilion dv7 laptop. it says no bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key.

I have a recovery d: drive but I can't load it to recover my windows.

What should I do?

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 9 (2,096 Views)

Re: i have a pavilion dv7 laptop. it says no bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key.

Hi,

Shutdown the notebook.  Tap away at f10 as you start the notebook to enter the bios menu.  Under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory.  Post back with the details of any error messages.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
omachuo
Message 3 of 9 (1,808 Views)

Re: i have a pavilion dv7 laptop. it says no bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key.

I'm having the same issue and when I do the self test, It says hard disk not exist.

Master's Graduate
Matt_Lo
Message 4 of 9 (1,772 Views)

Try reseating the hard drive, then run the hard drive test again.

"I'm looking for a laptop that looks like it's wrapped in super-rich, smoothed out tangerine peels." -TheMusicMaker
Top Student
omachuo
Message 5 of 9 (1,742 Views)

I've done that plenty of times Matt. The same thing keeps happening, I think I'm just going to format the hdd and just start from scratch.

Student
jcoh65
Message 6 of 9 (1,605 Views)

I have the same message about "no bootable device".  the only way i can boot up is if i insert a boot disk into drive before each startup.  how can i correct this?  thanks.

Honor Student
stargupper
Message 7 of 9 (909 Views)

I can't find my boot up disk. Can i download one online and burn a cd? I dropped my laptop- not a big drop- and now it won't boot up

Honor Student
stargupper
Message 8 of 9 (907 Views)

I turn on my laptop. Get blue bar to entermmy power on password. I enter my pass word. I get message: "Boot Device Not Found. Please Install an operating system on your hard disk. Hard Disk (3F0). F2 System Diagnostics. I select F2 and get Boot Option Menu and select F10 to Bios Setup Options. I get the Setup Utility. Now what?

Student
spider151
Message 9 of 9 (356 Views)

I ran the hard disk test and it got to 11 or 20% and said hard disk check 303???????????

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation