i have hp pavilion dv6 notebook. where is serial number of the product written on the product? (37500 Views)
Student
prash_desh2000
Message 1 of 4 (37,500 Views)
Accepted Solution

i have hp pavilion dv6 notebook. where is serial number of the product written on the product?

Can you please provide the location where Serial number of HP Pavilion dv6 is mentioned? As I always need to enter this number whenever I visit to any customer. I did not find it mentioned anywhere. Please provide.

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 2 of 4 (37,493 Views)

Re: i have hp pavilion dv6 notebook. where is serial number of the product written on the product?

You can find serial number of your notebook through any one of the means.

1. The Service Tag(bardcoded sticker) can be found inside battery compartment of your notebook which would have serial number of your notebook
  2. Turn off Computer and once you power ON, keep pressing F10 key to load into BIOS screen and you can locate serial number in Main menu
  3. Turn off Computer and once you power ON, keep pressing ESC key to load startup menu. In startup menu you need to press F1 key to load System information
  4. Once you have logged into windows, Press FN + ESC key simulatenously to find a popup which shows system information of your notebook.

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
xrd Student
Student
xrd
Message 3 of 4 (34,114 Views)

Re: i have hp pavilion dv6 notebook. where is serial number of the product written on the product?

I have just bought an HP Pavilion DV6-6c loptop computer, where is the serial number?

Thank you!

xrd

Student
Cocorebel
Message 4 of 4 (30,768 Views)

There was no serial number on the battery except the one for the battery.  I also tried number 2 and 3 method to no avail.  Could you give me an idea of how many numbers are in a serial number.  I have two numbers that are below 2 different bar codes and one number out to the right of a bar code.  Very confusing.  Is there a problem with putting the words "serial number" on the tag?  Sure would make it easier for the customer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation