Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Can you please provide the location where Serial number of HP Pavilion dv6 is mentioned? As I always need to enter this number whenever I visit to any customer. I did not find it mentioned anywhere. Please provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You can find serial number of your notebook through any one of the means.

1. The Service Tag(bardcoded sticker) can be found inside battery compartment of your notebook which would have serial number of your notebook
  2. Turn off Computer and once you power ON, keep pressing F10 key to load into BIOS screen and you can locate serial number in Main menu
  3. Turn off Computer and once you power ON, keep pressing ESC key to load startup menu. In startup menu you need to press F1 key to load System information
  4. Once you have logged into windows, Press FN + ESC key simulatenously to find a popup which shows system information of your notebook.

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

You can find serial number of your notebook through any one of the means.

1. The Service Tag(bardcoded sticker) can be found inside battery compartment of your notebook which would have serial number of your notebook
  2. Turn off Computer and once you power ON, keep pressing F10 key to load into BIOS screen and you can locate serial number in Main menu
  3. Turn off Computer and once you power ON, keep pressing ESC key to load startup menu. In startup menu you need to press F1 key to load System information
  4. Once you have logged into windows, Press FN + ESC key simulatenously to find a popup which shows system information of your notebook.

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
HP Recommended

I have just bought an HP Pavilion DV6-6c loptop computer, where is the serial number?

Thank you!

xrd

HP Recommended

There was no serial number on the battery except the one for the battery.  I also tried number 2 and 3 method to no avail.  Could you give me an idea of how many numbers are in a serial number.  I have two numbers that are below 2 different bar codes and one number out to the right of a bar code.  Very confusing.  Is there a problem with putting the words "serial number" on the tag?  Sure would make it easier for the customer.

HP Recommended

You are the BEST, Distinguished Professor!  Thanks for the BIOS trick!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.