Question

Student
Sonictime
Message 1 of 5 (660 Views)

kjfytdrp.exe

Every time I log on to the internet (it doesn't matter what browser I use) Norton finds a ''suspicious behavior"  from kjfytdrp.exe.  For some reason, opening the internet seems to activate this file.  Norton quarantines it every time but I can not find it to delete it when I do a search from the start menu.  I would like to find it and delete it from my laptop.  Any suggestions?

Associate Dean
REO51ST
Message 2 of 5 (654 Views)

Re: kjfytdrp.exe

Welcome Sonic.

Download and run Malwarebytes.

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?tag=main;pop

REO

We at the HP forum try to make your HP experience the best.

****Click the Thumbs up to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

HP Expert Tester "Now testing HP Pavilion 15t i3-4030U Win8.1, 6GB RAM and 750GB HDD"
Microsoft Registered Refurbisher
Registered Microsoft Partner
Apple Certified Macintosh Technician Certification in progress.
Student
shayju
Message 3 of 5 (377 Views)

Every time I log on to the internet (it doesn't matter what browser I use) Norton finds a ''suspicious behavior"  from kjfytdrp.exe.  For some reason, opening the internet seems to activate this file.  Norton quarantines it every time but I can not find it to delete it when I do a search from the start menu.  I would like to find it and delete it from my laptop.  Any suggestions?

Honor Student
Whiteben
Message 4 of 5 (343 Views)

I need help. I opened an exe application program wit notepad since den all softwares on my laptop now display notepad icon nd started misbehavin. Pls, ao can i set dem back 2normal icon witout losin my data.
Regents Professor
SuperMario1
Message 5 of 5 (221 Views)

Hello Whiteben. I understand you are now experiencing issues with programs opening in Notepad. Please reference this Microsoft document, which directly relates to your issue: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307859

Although the troubleshooting is for Windows XP, the troubleshooting is similar on all Windows operating systems. If these steps do not assist you, please respond with the operating system of the computer. If you need assistance locating this information, please refer to this website: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/which-operating-system

I look forward to your response.

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation