Question

Student
MsSykes
Message 1 of 3 (15,981 Views)

lap top recall

I was in search mode and noticed that my hp pavillion dv6000 battery pack was in recall in may 2009. Can you tell me how. i can recieve a new one or take somewhere
Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 2 of 3 (15,978 Views)

Re: lap top recall

Use this website: http://bpr.hpordercenter.com/hbpr/M14.aspx to see if your battery is eligible for the free replacement under the recall. 

Not all batteries with the alert are in the recall, only a few are being recalled.  In fact, I've yet to hear from anyone who's battery has actually been covered.   You can also find additional information here.

Student
melmacer
Message 3 of 3 (15,397 Views)

Re: lap top recall

[ Edited ]

Hi Folks

I have a Pavillion zd8000 notebook serial number <text removed for privacy> with battery serial L14823651B000220A.  The unit still that works fine if I just have it plugged in with no battery in the unit.  If I put the battery in the unit it gets so hot it shuts down.  I used to be able to sit it on an ice pack (no kidding) and it would keep running but not any more.  I assume it has a recalled battery but I have had no luck putting in the info on the HP recall page.  I am wondering though, if I have a problem confusing zero's with the letter O when putting in info.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Mel

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation