Question

Honor Student
zack007attack
Message 1 of 2 (4,902 Views)

laptop will not boot up but still turns on

First of all, here is the basic profile of my laptop:

HP Pavilion laptop, model dv6000

Here it goes:

Yesterday, as I was turning my laptop back on from hibernation mode, the screen stayed blank, but the indicator lights and power lights were still on. So I turned off the computer by holding down the power button. When I tried to turn it back on, the power went through, the fan was moving, but the screen stayed black and after about 30-40 seconds, the lights went off and the computer tried to turn itself back on, but again, the screen stayed blank and it shut down again then tried to turn itself back on again and again until after a few more times, it completely shut itself off.

I can't pinpoint the problem because in the recent time before this problem came along, my laptop was working fine and gave no indications of a problem like this.

Any possible solutions on how to fix it?

PhD Student
Gangles
Message 2 of 2 (4,896 Views)

Re: laptop will not boot up but still turns on

Unplug the notebook

remove the battery

Hold down the power button for 15 seconds

plug in the notebook

put the battery back in

boot the notebook

Signature:
I currently work on behalf of HP for numerous support departments. The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of myself, not of HP. There is no guarantee that the opinions expressed are 100% correct.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation