Question

Student
Sue514
Message 1 of 2 (1,377 Views)

led light on caps lock and num lock is blinking constantly. about 1 blink per 2 sec??

my laptop that i bought about 2 years ago, which is pavilion dv4-2045dx, suddenly stopped working few days ago.

as usual, i turned the computer on, and i went to wash my hands while the computer is booting up.

when i came back, all i see was empty screen. im not talking about black screen. it was empty screen.

it didnt have light at all on the screen.

and LED on caps lock and num lock was keep blinking every 2 seconds.

i looked up the indicator thingys and i guess there is problem with CPU?

i listened to the fan and fan was working for about first 3 seconds after i pressed the power button

and suddenly stops.

What should I do? and if it is CPU malfuncition, where should i get help (like number for this) and how much is it gonna cost if it's only CPU problem?(i checked memory card, it had no problem, did the hard-drive reset which turned out to be no problem)

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 2 (1,196 Views)

Re: led light on caps lock and num lock is blinking constantly. about 1 blink per 2 sec??

[ Edited ]

Hi,
Check the link below:
Blank Screen LED Error Codes

Yes you need to replace CPU.

It looks that you do not have experience so the best choice will be to take notebook for repair to the service.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation