Question

Student
byn75
Message 1 of 3 (75 Views)

missing E Drive

hp pavillion dv6700 or dv6929wm/ windows vista home basic

i can't find my CD/DVD drive on my computer. i checked the registry to delete the upper and lower filiters but they were not there. i checked the device manager and my cd/dvd drive is not there. help me please. 

all i was doing was cleaning and defragmenting the registry because my computer had problems booting up.

please help. 

Associate Professor
VJ_R
Message 2 of 3 (67 Views)

Re: missing E Drive

HI

You can follow this link

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c00817052

Or go to recovery manager and application and driver recovery and find the firmware for The CD/DVD drive and install it.

Hope this helps.

***** Click the KUDOS Thumbs UP (Like) on the left to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Kudos"if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

PhD Student
Checkurtech
Message 3 of 3 (56 Views)

Re: missing E Drive

Hi , You could also remove your cd/dvd drive and boot the machine without it installed and then do a normal shutdown then put the drive back in and reboot . See if the drive is reconised by your system now ?? But as previous post suggests check for the latest drivers for your drive . Checkutech

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation