Question

Top Student
tanjim
Message 1 of 13 (1,504 Views)

my compaq cq 42 no power

i have a compaq presario cq 42 notebook and i forget my product number so i can't tell it. my operating system is windows 7 32-bit. my problem is last night i download its all driver from hp support website and then install. after i update my bios i install webcam software then it say need restart. then i restart it by clicking button after it off then it on but the screen is black. i saw the laptop is hang. then i press the power key nothings happen then i remove the battery but i forget to unplugs the charger. then i see the screen is off and cooling is running then i unplug it. after sometime i insert battery then plugin charger but the charger lid is not lighting. then i press the power switch and nothing happen to its power lid. now it is not powering up. not charging. then i open it fully to reset bios but same and nothing happen. I Press and hold down the power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors but still same . i am a mobile and desktop cpu technician and i need a solution to repair please help me.

Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 2 of 13 (1,500 Views)

Re: my compaq cq 42 no power

The only thing I can think to try is to use only one memory chip and see if it starts.  Try both slots and then try the other memory chip.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

Top Student
tanjim
Message 3 of 13 (1,500 Views)

I forget to thanks you in advance..

Top Student
tanjim
Message 4 of 13 (1,496 Views)

same.no charger lid no power lid no colling  no sound. it like dead

Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 5 of 13 (1,465 Views)

Tanjim, did you do a bios update too?

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

Top Student
tanjim
Message 6 of 13 (1,457 Views)

Yes sir denjan First install some driver then update bios then install webcam software then it require to restart. then it on with blank screen. then i remove the battery then lcd is off but cooling is running after 5-6 sec i unplugs the charger then it fully off. after 1-2 min i insert the battery and try to turn on but its not. then i insert the charger but same condition. remove bios battery for 20 sec then i try but no response.

Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 7 of 13 (1,452 Views)

I am wondering if that bios may be bad off the HP website?

Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 8 of 13 (1,451 Views)

My best guess at this time is that someone will have to reprogram you bios.

Top Student
tanjim
Message 9 of 13 (1,443 Views)

but how to reprogram my bios?:smileyindifferent:

Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 10 of 13 (1,434 Views)

I think you could leave a message to this place.  He did fix my bios for me.  There are other people on eBay that offer this type of service as well.

http://www.embeddedcomputers.net/products/FlashcatUSB/

Here is a forum that you may ask some questions:

http://www.blackcatusb.net/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation