Question

Student
vrussotto
Message 1 of 5 (9,042 Views)

my hp laptop screen has lines all across it. how do i correct this?

HP G72-B50US Laptop

Windows 7 home edition

the laptop screen now has fine lines all across it horizontally. how can i correct this

PhD Student
Bryan_N
Message 2 of 5 (9,035 Views)

Re: my hp laptop screen has lines all across it. how do i correct this?

Hi, this sounds like a video problem.

First, go to BIOS and see if the lines are still there ; reboot the PC and tap on F10.

If the lines are still there then it is a hardware issue. If the lines are not there then it is possible it is a driver related issue.

You can also try connecting an external monitor. If the video is fine on the monitor, then the issue is with the LCD panel.

If the video is also corrupt on the external monitor then the problem is with your system board and would require a replacement.

-Bryan
I am an HP employee
Student
pennysworth
Message 3 of 5 (8,032 Views)

Thanks.  But how to I "go to BIOS"?  Is that safe mode?

If it's a driver issue, how do I then proceed?  Where do I go, which driver do I choose, how and in what directory do I place it?

How do I connect my laptop to an external monitor?  Must it too be a PC or can it be a Mac?

P.

Student
holysmokinkitty
Message 4 of 5 (6,586 Views)

I am also wondering the same questions as pennysworth. I am not very computer savvy and don't want to wreck my laptop

Student
klits
Message 5 of 5 (4,875 Views)

it came with windows 7 and put on windows 8 and from that time i started gettting the lines cross my screen and am worried . I need help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation