my hp support assistant wont work

HP Pavillion dv7-1464nr

windows 7  64-bit

stays at gathering info

Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 3 (155 Views)

Re: my hp support assistant wont work

Please uninstall the HP Support Assistant Software, then download & install the latest HP Support Assistant software from the following weblink:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54620.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Associate Professor
wes_notebooks
Message 3 of 3 (150 Views)

Re: my hp support assistant wont work

drysky,

thanks for bringing this to our attention.  Just so we’re on the same page, can you answer the following? Have you updated to the latest version of HPSA? Do you have an anti-virus program? If so, what is it? Do you have a firewall installed? If so, what is it? Do you have any other software, such as system mechanic, that is designed to improve the performance or protect the PC?  Also, if you have not done so already, go ahead and uninstall the current version of HPSA from the Control Panel, and then install the latest version from:  

www.hp.com/go/hpsupportassistant

-wes

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation