my product key doesn't work. what do I do? (1901 Views)
Top Student
topazkitty
Message 1 of 6 (1,901 Views)

my product key doesn't work. what do I do?

[ Edited ]

I went to input my product key today to use msoffice (much delayed, we've had this laptop since early last fall), and the product key doesn't work. the numbers are on the bottom of my laptop, I transcribed them carefully onto my paper notepad, then transcribed them carefully into the window which asked for them, have checked, rechecked, re-rechecked, everything matches, but it rejects it and says it's incorrect. help! I can't afford new programs. and the product key is for all of my msworks programs, works, write, office, etc.

I just noticed an icon for hp solution center, I'll try it too. oh, that's for my printer. nothing to do at all with my laptop.

thanks for any help with this.

Message Edited by topazkitty on 03-16-2009 12:24 PM
Honor Student
Ferrari869
Message 2 of 6 (1,241 Views)

Re: my product key doesn't work. what do I do?

Mine does the exact same thing!!! I am very technologically behind and I wouldn't even know where to begin to fix it, or anything. What did you do?????

Provost
CherylG
Message 3 of 6 (1,235 Views)

The license key on bottom of laptop is for Windows_not Office. The version of Office that comes preinstalled is a 60 day trial:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and-software/Problem-with-getting-Office-2007-Trial-a...

If you need free software_consider the popular Open Office:

http://www.openoffice.org/

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
Ferrari869
Message 4 of 6 (1,216 Views)

What about the work I have in progress? Can I transfer that or do I need to pay to continue office? I do still have five more times on office.

Honor Student
Ferrari869
Message 5 of 6 (1,215 Views)

Oh, my mistake the program I was talking about is Microsoft Office Word 2007. What do I do now? haha

Provost
CherylG
Message 6 of 6 (1,202 Views)

Open Office can be used with most files created in Office. Or you can use the link within Office to purchase license to continue using your Office 2007.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation