my recover d drive is almost full how do ii empty it. (4174 Views)
Student
tonyaval
Message 1 of 6 (4,174 Views)

my recover d drive is almost full how do ii empty it.

my reocver d drive holds 12.5 and it only has 2.10 free how do I empty some of it out. I have already done backups and defraged.

Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 6 (4,168 Views)

Re: my recover d drive is almost full how do ii empty it.

Recovery partition is a factory made paritition to help recovery the system back to factory settings. It normally has less space which is just needed to successfully perform Recovery. It is not recommended to use the space on this drive for any personal data backup. Refer the following weblink:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00678180&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

If you do not have any personal data on the Recovery Paritition, you can ignore the free space available in that partition.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to say thanks!***
Student
deniseobx
Message 3 of 6 (3,730 Views)

Re: my recovery d drive is almost full how do ii empty it?

How do I empty Recovery Drive D on my HP Notebook?

Honor Student
ojolly2
Message 4 of 6 (152 Views)

Vidya wrote:

Recovery partition is a factory made paritition to help recovery the system back to factory settings. It normally has less space which is just needed to successfully perform Recovery. It is not recommended to use the space on this drive for any personal data backup. Refer the following weblink:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00678180&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

If you do not have any personal data on the Recovery Paritition, you can ignore the free space available in that partition.

The drive (D) only has 4.78 MB free. I don't know how it got full except somehow my backup connection got switched to D instead of H (the correct backup, external drive). I found a file showing "N360_backup" but it contains 0 bytes of memory. I was doing a backup when I discovered the backup drive was selected incorrectly and changed it to the correct H drive. Are there files in D that should be removed? It usually in only about 60% full.

Thank you.

Orville Jolly

ojolly2@comcast.net

Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 5 of 6 (146 Views)

You can delete all the folders and files on the Recovery Partition, except the RECOVERY folder.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to say thanks!***
Honor Student
ojolly2
Message 6 of 6 (125 Views)

The instructions that I downloaded eliminated the problem of drive D being full. Thank you very much.

ojolly2

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation