Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I opened my computer today out of sleep mode and the screen has rotated itself 90 degrees.  I have tried multiple times shutting it down, robooting and nothing is seeming to work.  Have you ever experienced this problem?  The computer is fully functional but I have to tilt my head to the left to see what I am writing.  The mouse is rotated itself as well.  Please help ASAP!

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Press ALT + arrow keys.It'll resolve your problem.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't know what OS you are using but here's how you fix it in XP.

Do a google search for how to do it in W7 or Vista (Rotate screen in Windows 7) if the same method doesn't work for those OS's.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5146797_rotate-screen-windows-xp.html

Paul

HP Recommended

Hi,

The first thing I would try is holding down your ctrl and alt and hitting the up arrow key.

This should rotate the screen go back to normal.

If it doesnt, click on your start button and in the search bar type in 'intel'.

you may or may not see 'intel control center' come up.  If you do, click on it.

When it comes up click on 'intel hd graphics' on the right.  This will open another window.

Then on the right you should see the 'rotation' option.  click the drop down menu and choose 'rotate to normal'.

This should fix the screen.  then click 'apply' and 'ok'.

Then restart the notebook to make sure the settings were saved.

I hope this fixes your issue.

Although I am an HP employee, my post and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Did u check screen resolution. If u are on Win 7. Right click on desktop. Click on Screen Resolution.Then in Orientation drop down box Select 'Lanscape'.  Yesterday I tried flipped and everything got inverted!!

HP Recommended

Press ALT + arrow keys.It'll resolve your problem.

HP Recommended

My screen rotated 180 for some reason and your answer 'holding down your ctrl and alt and hitting the up arrow key' worked for me. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Ctrl-Alt-up arrow resolved it for me.  Thanks.

- Brett

HP Recommended

for HP Pavilion dm1 this doesn't work, any idea?? the combination of ALT with CTRL or alone with the arrow keys doesn't seem to work!!!

HP Recommended

please cc my screen is rotated itself 90 counter clockwise:

Hi

I’m trying to install Rhel7 os in GEN8 ML server. But during the installation process the scree would rotating 30 degrees anti clock wise direction automatically. Please help me out of this problem.

HP Recommended

NEED A HELP?

well firstly set your screen to PC Screen only which comes in the side, ok?

Then, use the ctrl+alt+ arrow keys to renew your screen.

BUT BUT BUT DO NOT DO the Duplicate screen or Extend Screen Only Because for the time it will be good....but when again you open your pc...it will be 90 degrees south again XD. So get on the PC screen only option and use ctrl alt and arrow keys 🙂

Thanks,

Knight_53 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.