Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I took my pc in for repair because it dropped and they called me back saying my HDD is dead and they need recovery disc and since they cant read the serial number I need to order them. But I do not have a copy of the serial number of the origianl box, how can I get my serial number

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Downlaod a program called Everest Ultimate.

It will be trial but it still will perform functions.

Save the SMBIOS report and actually all reports it offers so you will have them for future use.

Once the trial is over you cant save anything.

The info is in the System Information section.

The Serial and SKU numbers are listed.

HP Recommended

Hi, Frankie:

I don't think that program will work if the hard drive is dead, and you can't do anything.

So, if you can start the PC, tap the F10 key at the HP splash screen to get into your BIOS. Look at the system information menu and you should see the model number and serial number of your PC displayed there.

Paul

HP Recommended

my problem is the laptop is at a repair shop and they called me asking me for the serial number because they can not read the stickers so I mean I think they would have tried the F10 method...any other solutions

HP Recommended

Did you ask them if they looked in the BIOS for that information? 

Some people overlook the obvious.

Also, if you know the complete model number of your notebook you might be able to order recovery disks from this place for $27.00. You don't need the S/N to order from them.

http://www.computersurgeons.com/

Paul

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.