Re: over heating (523 Views)
Honor Student
asnic22
Message 1 of 5 (623 Views)

over heating

I have the hdx 16t 1200  CTO premium for 16 months which would overheat consistently. Today, I did not put the cooling pad and the hard drive stopping work. Black screen indicates it could not detect hard drive and no o.s. I put in the recovery discovering; no drive detected. Any assistance would be appreicated. I am guessing my only recourse it to get a new HD?

Thanks.

Teacher
Bulbulito
Message 2 of 5 (601 Views)

Re: over heating

Hello,

To make sure if you need to to replaced the hard drive, perform hard drive test 1st go to bios screen , tapping f10 several times once you turn on the laptop, go to diagnostic and hard drive test is available, it may take more than an hour or it depends, just get the exact error, it failed and no error number, computer needs to be send for repair, if result is replace and with error code, replacing hard drive is needed

If problem is still there, pls inform me

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

Patience is a Virtue

Honor Student
asnic22
Message 3 of 5 (559 Views)

tried, however indicates no hard drive found and is making that clicking sound as it was skipping.

Teacher
Bulbulito
Message 4 of 5 (541 Views)

Hello,

If result is no hard d rive found, try to remove the hrd drive and return it again, if already performed the step then you need to send kv for repair / repalcement. Sorry.:smileyindifferent:

Honor Student
asnic22
Message 5 of 5 (523 Views)

thanks already working on replacing drive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation