Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi

I tried ur method but unfortunately now my trackpad and trackpad keys stopped working too!!

Please help!!

HP Recommended

what metod are you refreering to? 

maybe it's me, but I can't see who you are answering or what solution you are talking about.,.

🙂

my HP has been working with no problems ( for about a week now) since I plastered it with tape and unscrewed the screw that hold the keyboard.

HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for this.

It did however not work.

The keys work in the Bios menu, but not when I need to enter password on start-up

Please assist, this is driving me craze

HP Recommended

Having the same issues. I took it to the service center. They serviced it and charged me all kinds of fee since my laptop is out of warranty, but the issue isn't fixed yet.

This is really frustating. Keys 3,E, D, C are not working.

Please help me!

HP Recommended
Sir my product no is C9L68PA#ACJ and laptop is hp G6 MY KEYBOARD IS NOT WORKING AFTER WINDOW UPDATE PLEASE HELP
HP Recommended

Sir i purchased HP Pavalion G6 Laptop whose product number is C9L68PA#ACJ and serial no is (personal information removed). My keyboard stopped working after window 8 update and i have tried all the solution which has been given here. kindly solve it please

HP Recommended

HI @Ruchigoyal,

Thank you for your query.

I grasp that after updating your Windows 8 your keyboard is no longer working.   I am not sure what steps you have previously tried but please try the suggestions in this document.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05336150 (Link Updated 05/01/2017)

You could also try uninstalling the update that caused this issue.

How to uninstall an Update in Windows 8

1. Go to Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features and click on “View Installed Updates” on the left side bar of open Window.

You can also press the  Windows Key + W to open the Setting Search screen. Type Windows Update on the search box and Click on “View Installed Updates” on the search result.
2. It will show you the list of installed updates in your Windows 8 system.
3. Now select the update package that you want to uninstall. Right Click your  mouse on it and choose “Uninstall“.
4. User Account Control (UAC) will ask for your confirmation about removing the updates. Just Click on “Yes“.
5. Again UAC will ask you to save and close the open Application. Just Click on “Uninstall“.
6. Wait until the uninstall process  finishes.
7. Reboot Your System.

You can alter your update setting to not install automatically but prompt before and let you choose.

1. Go to Control Panel/System and Security/Windows Update.

2. Click on Settings along the left side

3. Click on Change Settings

4. Type Windows Update

5. Click Settings  and select Download updates but let me choose whether to install them.

6. Under Recommended Updates choose Give my recommended updates the same way I get important updates.

7. Press OK and close windows.

To say thanks for responding please click the thumbs up icon below.

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
My problem has not been solved by this method. I am not getting that which is the option which I have to uninstall. And in notebook hardware issue a method is given but that is not helping so please help me. My product no is C9L68PA#ACJ
HP Recommended

Hi @Ruchigoyal,

Thank you for your reply.

I see that the troubleshooting document did not help. 

You could  do restore back to before the update.

HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 😎

If you connect an external keyboard does it work correctly?

If the external keyboard works, you could try cleaning the internal keyboard.

Next would be to do a HP PCs - Refresh Your PC to Resolve Problems (Windows 😎  which will reinstall your operating system and should not affect your files.

Fingers crossed!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

thank you so muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.