Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi @sahil_1,

Thank you for your reply and I am glad I was able to help!

To say thanks please click the thumbs up icon below for other people to see that it helped.

Have a wonderful day!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
my hp laptop g6 i3 m370 laptop started malfunctioning, some of the keys dont work, usb keyboard works perfect, is this really a hardware problem ?? I am nt so sure that it is a hardware problem because it was perfectly working yesterday and i shut it down well and now the keyboard dont work anymore !!
HP Recommended

Hi @Scropian,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

It is a wonderful  place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.

Learn How to Post and More

I understand that your keyboard has started to malfunction but was working fine before you had shut it down. If you connect an external keyboard with a usb  it works fine.

Here is a link to https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05336150 (Link Updated 05/01/2017) that may help.

Was there any changes or recent updates installed?

Have you done all your Windows updates?

Have you ran the  HP Support Assistant  to aid with HP updates?

Have you ran the Windows troubleshooter?

To say thanks for replying please click the thumbs up icon below.

If this resolved your difficulty please choose accepted solution to help other who may also have the same difficulty.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

hey i just tried out the steps as you mentioned but now my mouse pad is also not working. previously only my keyboards was not working. please help 

regards

HP Recommended

H @robbstark,

Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

It is a fantastic place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.

Learn How to Post and More

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

I understand that your keyboard is not working and after doing the troubleshooting steps from my previous post, now your TouchPad is also not working.

What is your exact model of HP notebook?

What operating system are you running?

Has there been any recent changes to your system such as updates or new hardware?

If you connect an external keyboard does it work?

Have your checked for viruses and malware?  MS Malicious Software Removal Tool

If you check Device Manager is there any errors on the keyboard or TouchPad?

I hope to hear back soon with the requested information.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

hello,

my model no. is D1Q32EA#ABU

im running windows 10pro

the notebook did some auto update after which the keyboard stop working

im currently using external mouse which is working fine

in device manager there is kind of yellow error sign

please reply

HP Recommended

Hi @robbstark,

Thank you for your update and the requested information!

If you click on the error in Device Manager what is the error?

As you stated this all occurred after a Windows update you could try doing a restore back to before this happened.

HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎.

Windows 10 will automatically reinstall updates when you restart. 

If it is a Windows update that is causing the issue you may be interested in this post (from thewindowsclub.com).

A workaround to Turn Off Windows Update in Windows 10

When I checked the software and driver page for your notebook there are no updated drivers listed for Windows 10.  This tells us that HP has not tested Windows 10 on your model of notebook and the outcome is unknown. 

Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.

Learn more

Please keep me updated.

To say thanks for responding please click the thumbs up icon below.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

OK I have fixed the kets not working on my laptop - at least for now.  I bought some electronic contact cleaner (quick drying formula). I lifted the side of the keys that were causing a problem and sprayed it inside. And hey presto - here I am writing this on my restored keyboard!! 

Give it a go - it's cheaper than buying a whole new laptop just cause the keys don't work.

I hope this helps someone out there!!

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issues with my keyboard however a number of keys don't work. Everything else on the computer works as normal. Can you please suggest what i should do?

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issues with my keyboard however a number of keys don't work. Everything else on the computer works as normal. Can you please suggest what i should I do?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.