Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

When I hold the right-click/barrel-button of the Elitepad 900 stylus while clicking the screen, it only registers as a standard left-click.  In fact, I can't find any way to even verify that the barrel-button works.  Am I using it correctly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The stylus now appears to (somewhat) work properly.  I'm not sure if it was the firmware update, or that I just realized it is very, very slow to respond.  If I deliberately hold the pen's tip firmly against the screen for several seconds, the stylus (HP Executive Pen) wakes up.  It seems to go to sleep again after a very short time.  Now if I do that first, and then hold the barrel-button again before pressing the screen once more, it registers the right-click properly.

I have to say this is the slowest stylus I have ever used.  I've owned two tablet PC's (one Lenovo and one HP) which I frequently used to mark up pdf documents. This stylus is so slow that it is impossible to write with it, even if I try to write very slowly.  Unfortunately, I now see that there are many other similar complaints, so this does not appear to be an isolated issue with my Elitepad/HP Executive Pen.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello eddie:

You have a bussiness Touchpad. Here is what HP offers for the stylus pens. http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/search-SimpleOfferSearch?PageSize=15&search=&SearchTe...

Here is your touchpad website page.http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/home/?cc=us&cc=us&lang=en&lang=en&sp4ts.oid=52...

You can contact HP parts store and see if they gotten any in stock. I dought they do. Previous forums in search of this stylushttp://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/TouchSmart-PC-e-g-Windows-8/Elitepad-900-and-stylus/m-p/2462825#M19191  ,  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/TouchSmart-PC-e-g-Windows-8/Envy-x2-stylus/m-p/2555799#M19509  You can see we have tried ever thing in search of sytlus that actually work.  Your pen has become corrupted and needs to be beplaced. I think it is really bad policy that HP sends out these Stylus Pens with a new computer but when they need to be replaced they do not have them or even stock them. One many promblems HP company has. Good Luck I hope you find one that will work on your note pad hat meets your needs. When you do find one can you please post it. So others can find it and use it to. Thank you frrw.

HP Recommended

frrw,

Thank you for your reply.  I am looking for a solution to make the right-click work on the sytlus.

Background:

I already own the HP stylus for the Elitepad 900.  It works as expected other than the right-click (barrel-button) functionality.

I have verified that in the Windows 8 "Pen and Touch" settings the checkbox for "Use the pen button as a right-click equivalent" is selected.

Thanks,

Eddle 

HP Recommended

The stylus now appears to (somewhat) work properly.  I'm not sure if it was the firmware update, or that I just realized it is very, very slow to respond.  If I deliberately hold the pen's tip firmly against the screen for several seconds, the stylus (HP Executive Pen) wakes up.  It seems to go to sleep again after a very short time.  Now if I do that first, and then hold the barrel-button again before pressing the screen once more, it registers the right-click properly.

I have to say this is the slowest stylus I have ever used.  I've owned two tablet PC's (one Lenovo and one HP) which I frequently used to mark up pdf documents. This stylus is so slow that it is impossible to write with it, even if I try to write very slowly.  Unfortunately, I now see that there are many other similar complaints, so this does not appear to be an isolated issue with my Elitepad/HP Executive Pen.

HP Recommended

Hi Eddie,

Your ElitePad 900 is a Business model.  Your issue would be best answered on the HP Enterprise Business Community Forum

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.