Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello!

I have a problem with my hp Pavilion laptop dv6-2190ev.

The laptop cannot start if the charger is plugged in only (and the battery removed). It starts only if the battery is on. Also, the led is on and the laptop shows: (plugged in, charging) but battery is not charging!!

The battery and charger are ok, because i tried them on other laptop and there are working!

So, the problem seems to be on the laptop. I also update the BIOS and the problem remains.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It looks like you've done some good troubleshooting to this point.  One thing that is ofter overlooked in these kinds of issues is the motherboard.  Here is an HP article, Battery does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge.

Please take a look at it.  There are troubleshooting suggestions for the power supply, system board, and the battery, as well as links to other useful information. I'm sorry it's not a simple fix, but you might just find some very useful information in the article.

Best of luck with it,

GeorgeFN
I work on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi Maria_cy,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP Pavilion dv6-2190ev Notebook and battery charging issues. Here is a link to try the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery is basically the driver that communicates between the computer and the battery. There is a chance that it is corrupted. It is reading the battery level wrong, so the computer thinks the battery level is higher then what is actually is, so when it runs out of juice it shuts down.

Step 1. Go to Device Manager
Step 2. Select Batteries
Step 3. Right click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there
Step 4. Click Uninstall
Step 5. At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver
Step 6. Shutdown the computer

Step 7: Remove the battery for minute and then put it back in

When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.

Step 8. Go to Device Manager
Step 9. Select Batteries
Step 10. Right click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there
Step 11. Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"

Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for the response. I will try it!

But if the problem is on the communication between the computer and the battery, that means that my laptop can start without the battery. My laptop though cannot start without the battery.  :Crying:

HP Recommended

It looks like you've done some good troubleshooting to this point.  One thing that is ofter overlooked in these kinds of issues is the motherboard.  Here is an HP article, Battery does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge.

Please take a look at it.  There are troubleshooting suggestions for the power supply, system board, and the battery, as well as links to other useful information. I'm sorry it's not a simple fix, but you might just find some very useful information in the article.

Best of luck with it,

GeorgeFN
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi Maria_cy,

Here is a document that might help isolate the issue of the computer not starting.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Sorry for the delay.

Unfortunately, the problem is motherboard and i must replace it.  :Crying:

Thank you all for the response! :generic:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.