Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I bought a HP Probook 4530s. The sales clerk told me it has bluetooth device. The original OS installed on it was LINUX. But since I change the OS to Win 7 Ultimate, I had to install drivers from scratch. I got some driver installation files from the sales clerk and ran them. But now on the device manager, there is an exclamation mark on the bluetooth device and it has the error "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". What can I do to solve this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

On the startup press F10 key to run BIOS setup.

Go to System Configurations -> Built-in Device Options.

Check are there enabled two things. Wireless Button State and Embedded WLAN Device.

If not then enable them, save new settings, exit from BIOS and start the operating system.

Download and install HP Software Framework from here and restart system.

Download and install HP Connection Manager from here and restart system.

Check the color of the LED on the key of the wireless communication.

If it's:

• amber (like on the below picture) then all wireless devices are off. Press this key to change it into white.

Off.png  ->     On.png

• white ( like on below picture) then integrated wireless device, such as a wireless local area network (WLAN) device and/or a Bluetooth® device, is on. Status is ok so you may go to the next step.

On.png

Click the Start Start.pngbutton.

Type in the search filed ' hp connection ' and choose ' HP Connection Manager '.

HP connection 01.png

Check the status of the Bluetooth module. If it's:

• ' Off ' then right-click the switch on button which is pointed by the arrow on the below picture.
    When you will change the status to ' On ' then built-in Windows 7 driver will install and after that you will need to reinstall again Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth driver from here.

HP connection 03.png

• ' On ' then the Bluetooth module is working correctly and should be listed in the device manager.

HP connection 02.png

• not listed in the HP Connection Manager application then your model has no integrated Bluetooth module and the Bluetooth driver should be uninstalled.
** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

Hi,
Go to:

Control Panel -> Device Manager

Right click each device with yellow exclamation mark ( ) and choose ' Properties '. Next select ' Details ' tab, use the dropdown selector to choose Hardware Ids and paste all the values ​​from there to the next reply. This way I will be able to find out which driver you need.

Below you've got example how to do it:

464i329EA20FEFCDC76A
466i652BE51C12165A92
467iC2AEC23384DE4519

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

generic bluetooth adapter
USB\VID_0CF3&PID_311D&REV_0001

USB\VID_0CF3&PID_311D
 model is hp probook 4540s nd bluetooth is showing but not working .. Drivers !! ???
help ASAP 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please download and install the Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth 4.0+HS drver from here.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same problem, with the same hardware:

generic bluetooth adapter
USB\VID_0CF3&PID_311D&REV_0001
USB\VID_0CF3&PID_311D

I have downloaded i installed the driver that you posted, but after that my bluetooth adapter still doesn't work, and disappeared completely from device manager...

I'm looking forward to your reply.
Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello Ovtza,

I understand you are having issues with the Bluetooth on your computer.

Because you are using a commercial/business based computer, you will probably get better help from our commercial forum for Probooks. We have experts there who deal with primarily HP Probooks, the link below will direct you to the proper location.

HP Probook Forum

Thanks 

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

@ovtza

Hi,
Which notebook model you have? HP ProBook 4530s? Other?

Which operating system is installed on it?

HP Recommended

Hi Daniel,

yes, it's HP ProBook 4530s, with 64 bit Windows 7 Professional.

HP Recommended

Uninstall current driver for the bluetooth device.

Resource:
Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Try to download and install this driver.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I uninstalled previous driver and installed the one that you pointed, but problem seems to be the same. There is no bluetooth device listed in device manager, and i can't open bluetooth suit in any way (i can see that BtTray.exe process is running in task manager, but it doesn't appear in tray and i can't find any other way to access it).

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.