Question

Honor Student
cesaraustin
Message 1 of 13 (2,933 Views)

'recovery manager we are experiencing errors in recovery media creation'

will not create recovery disc on 16gb verbatim memory stick.  brand new pavillion g6 laptop.  one week old.  really irritating me.  what is the problem here?  thank you.

Honor Student
baidrk
Message 2 of 13 (2,877 Views)

Re: 'recovery manager we are experiencing errors in recovery media creation'

I am also have G6 laptop facing same problem, can anyone help...

Grad Student
Reikableu
Message 3 of 13 (2,874 Views)

first that is because the flash drive size required is 32gb minimum for you to create one....

second, you will have to download a specific software first so you can create a recovery flash media.

~reikableu~
...KUDO's to me and if this resolves the issue, please tag this as "AcceptedSolution"
~I MAYBE working for HP Consumer Notebook Support but any opinion stated are not at anyways connected to those of HP.~
Honor Student
effisworld
Message 4 of 13 (2,696 Views)

That's funny because the HP recovery manager clearly states "Minimum 12GB capacity required". on my brand new dm1z. Just shelled out $30 for a 16 gigs USB stick (SanDisk, btw, but still having the same problem).

Not sure what you mean by "specific software" since the recovery manager seems to be onboard...

Honor Student
cesaraustin
Message 5 of 13 (2,692 Views)

i gave up on the flash drive backup. 

and went with the four disc option - a pain and space consuming - like, unportable.

now, is it possible to transfer the four discs to a flash drive???

Honor Student
effisworld
Message 6 of 13 (2,689 Views)

Good question. I supppose you could create ISOs and put them on your USB stick, but of course you would still need to be able to create the discs from the ISOs on a separate machine. I know there are some nifty (but dangerous) unix tools out there for creating and transferring disc images, but I don't have the experience to offer practical advice.

Question, though: How did you end up creating the discs? Do you have a burner on your machine?

Honor Student
cesaraustin
Message 7 of 13 (2,684 Views)

used the hp laptop burner and followed their recovery instructions which prompts to put in each disc.

Honor Student
effisworld
Message 8 of 13 (2,675 Views)

Good idea if the computer comes with an optical media drive.

After some (re)searching, I finally got lucky with this:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-75179-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

It looks like a utility that doesn't complain if you're using it on an HP model it was not designated for (I have a strong feeling that it won't work with non-HP models, though). I'm currently 25% through my recovery creation process and will post again if I run into any problems.

Thanks for your help, everyone!

Student
cubby6482
Message 9 of 13 (1,597 Views)

Student
RAJUKOKKULA
Message 10 of 13 (983 Views)

My Lap top :HP Pavilion g6-2231tx Notebook PC

While creating recovery discs , after  success filly complete  preparing data 1st dvd -R disc , before going to burn data in between  getting message"we are experiencing errors in recovery media creation.please try again"

How do we solve this issue?Help me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation