Question

Intern
Bobz
Message 1 of 15 (29,802 Views)

screen capture

how do i get my print screen (screen capture) to work?

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 2 of 15 (29,784 Views)

Re: screen capture

If you are in Windows 7, it's called the "snipping tool"  Go to All Programs and then Accessories, it should be there.

Master's Graduate
Comptronic
Message 3 of 15 (29,781 Views)

It depends on what model you have?

What model laptop are you using?  Are you just trying to use the "generic" Print Screen" that comes with the laptop?

Intern
Bobz
Message 4 of 15 (29,772 Views)

HP HDX X16T-1100 CTO Premium Notebook PC

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 5 of 15 (29,741 Views)

If you are running Vista on your HDX 16 the sniping tool is the same as in W7.

Top Student
cefoxtrot
Message 6 of 15 (29,731 Views)

Use the Snipping tool that came with Windows or, much better, get SnagIt, from Tech Smith. It's a wonderful program, comes with a free 30-day trial offer, and it works with full screen image, partial windows, web pages, etc.

No, I do not work for Tech Smith or get paid to promote the product. I have been using it for years and it is well worth its cost.

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 7 of 15 (29,694 Views)

@Bobz

Hi,

Check below link and first post there:

How to take and post a screenshot on HP consumer Support Forum

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Student
iHPFans
Message 8 of 15 (29,675 Views)

If you need a simply screen capture tool, you can use "Snipping Tool" in Windows Vista or Windows 7. Click Start>All Programs>Accessories>Snipping Tool to launch it.

Youtube video: Taking screenshots with the Snipping Tool

If you need a professional screen capture tools, you can try ACA Capture Pro, it supports for automatically saving screenshots to file.

Teacher
KREAMEDCORN
Message 9 of 15 (29,673 Views)

to get print screen just the botton on the screen to work you have to press FN+Screen Print to switch it to print screen function. Should work just by pressing print screen then. Snipping tool is good but its a pain to use it when you can just hit print screen.

Signature:
I am a HP Totalcare employee for Notebook support. The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of myself, not of HP. There is no guarantee that the opinions expressed are 100% correct.
Teacher
KREAMEDCORN
Message 10 of 15 (29,672 Views)

sorry meant button not botton dur!!!

Signature:
I am a HP Totalcare employee for Notebook support. The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of myself, not of HP. There is no guarantee that the opinions expressed are 100% correct.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation