simplepass not working on pavilion m6-1035dx (2838 Views)
Top Student
jrein
Message 1 of 16 (2,838 Views)
Accepted Solution

simplepass not working on pavilion m6-1035dx

HP Pavilion m6-1035dx

Windows 7 64-bit

When I bought my laptop simplepass used to work on my windows log in and google chrome, but then for some reason it stoped working on the windows log in, but still works for my google chrome. So I updated my simplepass, but it says The files for installation requirement TrueAPI (x64) could not be found. The installation will now stop. This is probably due to a failed, or canceled download.

I uninstalled my validity fingerprint sensor driver and reinstalled it through the hp software download. it installed fine though. Then I uninstalled my simple pass and reinstalled it, but the installation can't be completed, the message still comes out The files for installation requirement TrueAPI (x64) could not be found. The installation will now stop. This is probably due to a failed, or canceled download.

Please help.

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 16 (2,829 Views)

Re: simplepass not working on pavilion m6-1035dx

Try / Consider:

IF, IF you can get into your HP SimplePass, try to make an Export / Backup of your Webcards -- your passwords.

If you have already made a backup or you have a recent backup, you can ignore this step.

If you have never done this, keep it in mind for later...

Rules for success:

• The Driver ALWAYS installs first, then a reboot / restart
  • The software installs second, set up basics, then a reboot
  •  If you change anything, reboot.... SimplePass loves a good reboot.
  • When things stop working:  First try a Hard Reset of the computer
  • Next, try a simple uninstall / reinstall of the driver
  • Never remove the software without having a backup of your webcards - these are like your bookmarks. only more important.

=====================================================================================

• Export the Webcard Database:

If you have working SimplePass software, Export your Webcards before proceeding.  In the event that you must remove the SimplePass software, your webcard backup can be used (imported) to restore your website login information.

Start SimplePass > Settings > Export     NOTE:  File will be named *.tsd

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

• Download your Validity Driver and your HP SimplePass software installation packages.

Software & Driver Downloads - HP Pavilion m6-1035dx Entertainment Notebook PC

The Driver is in category

Driver – Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices

The Software is in category

Software - Security

=================================================================================================

• Remove the HP SimplePass with the following:

Fixit -- Fix problems with programs that can't be installed or uninstalled

Understand that unless you have already done a backup, this will wipe out your passwords.

• After you have removed the software, Reboot / Restart the computer.

=====================================================================================

• Remove (uninstall) the driver and let the computer reinstall it...

Control Panel > icon view > Device Manager > Biometric Devices >

Right-Click the Validity Sensor > Uninstall

Do NOT Delete

• Reboot / Restart the computer

• When the system reboots and you log in, the Validity driver will reinstall.   You can verify this by looking at the Device Manager
  • If the driver does not install the latest version, that is, if the version is not the version of the package you have downloaded from your computer's website, then you should now install the downloaded driver installation package.  The exe file will most likely be located in your "Downloads" folder.
  • If you have installed the later version of the driver, Reboot / Restart the computer again.

• Install the HP SimplePass Software
  • Set up the basics, just the fingerprint enrollment for Windows login...
  • Reboot / Restart the computer

• If you have it, Import your backup file into your SimplePass database
  • Check the setup..
  • ONE MORE Reboot

NOTE that anytime you even look cross ways at this software, you may have to reboot the computer.  SimplePass likes a reboot.  Also remember to back up those webcards on a regular basis.

Good Luck!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Teacher
6137tx
Message 3 of 16 (2,826 Views)

[ Edited ]

hi...

Uninsall the software first.

Here is the updated software::

http://support.authentec.com/Downloads/DownloadManager.aspx?Command=Core_Download&EntryId=27

download and install.... will work like a charm..

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
**---'Accept as Solution' ----**if it solves your problem and make it easier for other people to find solutions.
Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 4 of 16 (2,814 Views)

True... this works... and it is full featured, too, so you are not sacrificing any functionality.  This version is robust and works on a bunch of HP computers.  It is popular and has proven to be a sturdy piece of software of this type.  As with the HP versions, the AuthenTec versions of HP SimplePass require the correct companion driver.  The driver you are using should be fine.

A little background is order:

• This is the AuthenTec version of HP SimplePass.
  • Authentec is at version 6.0.100.252
  • HP website version at at 6.0.100.257
  • Version at HP website has been upgraded for Windows 7/8, minor tweaks.  The two softwares are very similar.
  • AuthenTec is still available at least through December of 2012.
  • Apple purchased AuthenTec.

You should get the errors cleared before the AuthenTec version is installed.  The AuthenTec version is only slightly different from the HP version and does share many of the same .dll dependencies.  If you do not clear these, you may have issues down the road.

The installation instructions are the same:

Driver first,

software second,

reboots where indicated...

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Top Student
jrein
Message 5 of 16 (2,814 Views)

6137tx wrote:

hi...

Uninsall the software first.

Here is the updated software::

http://support.authentec.com/Downloads/DownloadManager.aspx?Command=Core_Download&EntryId=27

download and install.... will work like a charm..

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

didn't work. When I tried to install it, the same message came out The files for installation requirement TrueAPI (x64) could not be found. The installation will now stop. This is probably due to a failed, or canceled download.

Top Student
jrein
Message 6 of 16 (2,807 Views)

I did everything you said, but when I try to install the simplepass the same msg came up; The files for installation requirement TrueAPI (x64) could not be found. The installation will now stop. This is probably due to a failed, or canceled download.
Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 7 of 16 (2,798 Views)

[ Edited ]

You used the "Fixit" method to remove the SimplePass program, correct??

That is important.

====================================================================================

Try a system scan to fix missing and / or corrupted file structures:

Using System File Checker (SFC) to Restore System Files

This will likely take a while to complete...

The system will attempt to fix everything it can by itself.

BACKUPS: 

• IF you do not have it done, make a backup of your data.  All your data, an Image would be nice.
  • If you have not completed those Pesky Recovery disks yet that HP tells you to make when you buy a new computer, MAKE them.

===============================================================================

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Top Student
jrein
Message 8 of 16 (2,794 Views)

I did the system file checker, it said Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. 

what now? :smileysad:

Teacher
6137tx
Message 9 of 16 (2,783 Views)

hi

Go to C:\ProgramData\Downloaded Installations

you must see ATTrueApiMin64
and an other folder {XXXXX-XXXX-XXX} in which you will have HP Simple Pass..

Run ATTrueApiMin64 and select repair..
Next Run HP Simple Pass and select repair...

Restart your computer..

If you are unable to locate them,, download files from here :: (  http://www.mediafire.com/?a4sxe4183m5bppm  )which I have extracted from my laptop.

Hope this helps.....

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

**---'Accept as Solution' ----**if it solves your problem and make it easier for other people to find solutions.
Top Student
jrein
Message 10 of 16 (2,768 Views)

6137tx wrote:

hi

Go to C:\ProgramData\Downloaded Installations

you must see ATTrueApiMin64
and an other folder {XXXXX-XXXX-XXX} in which you will have HP Simple Pass..

Run ATTrueApiMin64 and select repair..
Next Run HP Simple Pass and select repair...

Restart your computer..

If you are unable to locate them,, download files from here :: (  http://www.mediafire.com/?a4sxe4183m5bppm  )which I have extracted from my laptop.

Hope this helps.....

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

I LOVE YOU RANDOM PERSON. KUDOS.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation