Question

Honor Student
crystalp1217
Message 1 of 8 (3,773 Views)

someone please help cant change background!

i dont know what it is maybe im doing something wrong but i find a picture on google images nd i right click it a click set as background image nd it asks me if i want to replace the current image and i say yes but nothing appens its still the preloaded hp background on my desktop. any ideas???

Honor Student
crystalp1217
Message 2 of 8 (3,772 Views)

Re: someone please help cant change background!

by the way i have a new mini. with windows 7 starter.

Intern
anion
Message 3 of 8 (3,752 Views)

Windows 7 Starter does not include:

• Aero Glass, meaning you can only use the “Windows Basic” or other opaque themes. It also means you do not get Taskbar Previews or Aero Peek.
  • Personalization features for changing desktop backgrounds, window colors, or sound schemes.
  • The ability to switch between users without having to log off.
  • Multi-monitor support.
  • DVD playback.
  • Windows Media Center for watching recorded TV or other media.
  • Remote Media Streaming for streaming your music, videos, and recorded TV from your home computer.
  • Domain support for business customers.
  • XP Mode for those that want the ability to run older Windows XP programs on Windows 7.
Student
junipar
Message 4 of 8 (3,464 Views)

i see that you asked about this a few months ago, but in case you haven't found a solution yet i thought i'd answer...

first, go to this site and read these instructions:

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2010/03/14/free-program-lets-you-easily-change-wallpaper-images-on-wind...

next, go to this site and click 'download' (for some reason there's no direct link from the instruction site above to this one with the download):

http://starter-background-changer.uptodown.com/en/download

i just did this myself and it worked :smileyhappy:  and not that you would trust what i say, but i happen to know french and therefore could tell that the instructions were just like the normal ones for installing things in english and so i think it's totally safe

Val *):smileysurprised:)
Student
iliz_laptop
Message 5 of 8 (2,030 Views)

Re: someone please help I cant change background!

I USE GOOGLE FOR MY BROWSER BUT CAN NOT CHANGE THE PICTURE ON GOOGLE DESKTOP!

Provost
banhien
Message 6 of 8 (2,020 Views)

Re: someone please help I cant change background!

>> I USE GOOGLE FOR MY BROWSER BUT CAN NOT CHANGE THE PICTURE ON GOOGLE DESKTOP!

Hi,

Are you talking about Chrome ?

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
Shailie95
Message 7 of 8 (1,754 Views)

I can't set a background. Even if I save the image, or right click on it i can't do anything.... What do I do? 

Student
Daughter
Message 8 of 8 (351 Views)

Thank you for taking the time to offer help!

The 1st website you list, http://www.downloadsquad.com/2010/03/14/free-program-lets-you-easily-change-wallpaper-images-on-wind... is in French.

I didn’t recognize the information on the 1st screen. It looked like A screen for installing a program, but I didn’t know which one.

I couldn’t follow when I didn’t know where to start.

I know some stuff about computers. (Some would say, enough to be dangerous.)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation