Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

WIndows 10 shows the followong error message at start up

there was a problem starting C:\Program Files\HP\HPOfficejetPro8600 A910\bin\HPStatusBL.dll

I no longer have the 8600 and have uninstalled all 8600 software, It no longer shows up in the devices and printers.

My new printer works fine, just getting this nnoying message every time I boot up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I'm confused why this wouldn't show up in Task Manager startup programs if it's opening on startup. Let's try a different method of attack:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.

2. In the Open field, type %appdata% and then press Enter.

3. Navigate to Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs > Startup.

4. Look for anything that has to do with "Monitor Ink Alert" and delete it.

I am an HP employee.
Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @leolerma ,

It sounds like there is still a remnant of the 8600 installed, probably an ink level monitor that runs at startup. Try these instructions to disable it:

1. In Windows, search for and open Task Manager.

2. Click More Details, and then select the Startup tab. 

3. Look for an entry that mentions ink levels (possibly "Monitor ink alerts" or similar) and select it.

4. Click Disable.

That should prevent the pop-up error message. I hope that works for you.

I am an HP employee.
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
HP Recommended

Task mamanger has 3 HP startup programs listed 2 are disabled the third is Scan to PC Activation app. I had already disabled the other 2 which are hpsysdrv and hpwuSchd Application. No ink level apps listed. Error message still occurs.

HP Recommended

Do you know if the "Scan to PC Activation app" is connected to your new printer? Did you try disabling that one?

Are you certain you uninstalled every piece of the old printer software? And did you remove the old printer from Devices and Printers? See this doc for instructions: Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows)

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

The "Scan to PC Activation app" is connected to the new printer. All old HP apps were uninstalled before I connected the new printer and installed the drivers . Old printer does not show up in "Devices and Printers".

Windows 10 still shows the same error message as before at start up. 

HP Recommended

I'm confused why this wouldn't show up in Task Manager startup programs if it's opening on startup. Let's try a different method of attack:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.

2. In the Open field, type %appdata% and then press Enter.

3. Navigate to Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs > Startup.

4. Look for anything that has to do with "Monitor Ink Alert" and delete it.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks! That was the solution! You're the best!

HP Recommended

Excellent! Glad to hear that worked. 🙂

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

THIS WAS THE SOLUTION - THANK YOU SO MUCH!

HP Recommended

Your A Star

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.