Question

Student
EmileP
Message 1 of 3 (2,008 Views)

touchpad problems

[ Edited ]

Hey,

for about a month I own a pavilion dv6 (productnumber: XU629EA#UUG ,  serialnumber: {Removed for privacy}). In the beginning when my touch pad was on, it didn't gave a light, but I was able to use the functions of the synaptics software. After a week, the touchpad didn't work anymore. I used at the same time a usb-mouse. I went to the hardware of my mouse and activated the synaptics software again but it stopt working after a few seconds, even when I didn't used the usb-mouse. I also tried to activated the touchpad by clicking on the light but that didn't worked either. Then I deleted the touchpad driver and installed him again and it worked again. The difference was now that the touchpad was showing a red light in the upper-left corner. Since then I didn't used the usb-mouse. Today i was at my work, working with the touchpad when it suddenly stopped working. I have used my usb-mouse again and I'm now installing the touchpad driver again but this become very irritating. I hope you can help me because I have always loved working with hp and I still do but my product need to work (I have paid enough money for it). I have just installed the driver of the touchpad. In the beginning I could turn on and off my touchpad, now that function doesn't work either...

Thx,

Emile

Teacher
chirpen
Message 2 of 3 (1,997 Views)

Re: touchpad problems

Please Update the Latest Touchpad Drivers from hp.com. Please click on the link below and then expand Driver - Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices and then click on  Synaptics TouchPad Driver and click on download tab and then run the program, this should fix the issue you have on your computer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=4308...

I am an HP employee
Teacher
bnjroo
Message 3 of 3 (1,763 Views)

Re: touchpad problems

1- the latest synaptics touchpad software doesn't seem to include the upper left tap on-off function.

2- perhaps you have it set to 'disable the touchpad when external device is connected'

3- the white surrounding illumination can be turned on/off by pressing fn+space

"There's no such thing as a fool proof system. Someone will make a better fool tomorrow."
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation