touchpad scrolling still not working (2386 Views)
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 11 of 12 (1,423 Views)

Re: Touch scrolling still not working.

Uninstall current driver for Synaptics touchpad and restart system.

Resource:
Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

Download and install latest driver from here.

Note:

By default Two - Finger Scrolling is enabled. If you want to use only one finger for scrolling then check the link below:

How to change Two - Finger Scrolling on One - Finger Scrolling in Synaptics TouchPad software.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Student
schnuggie
Message 12 of 12 (1,405 Views)

Re: touchpad scrolling still not working

I am having the same issue with the scrolling function of the mousepad not working.  Interestingly...I just had my computer sent off for a battery and AC adaptor error and the scroll hasn't been working since I picked the computer back up from Best Buy.  I have tried to uninstall and download the new driver, but it cannot open the sp55710.exe driver program.  I have restarted the computer and tried the Fn and prt sc buttons.  When I went into the mousepad from device manager and found the properties and hardware Ids, this is what I found:

HID\IrDevice&Col08
HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_MOUSE
HID_DEVICE_UP:0001_U:0001
HID_DEVICE

I have a HP pavilion dv7.

Thanks so much!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation