uiadump32.exe Stopped working (9741 Views)
Student
poisy
Message 1 of 23 (9,741 Views)

uiadump32.exe Stopped working

I use HP pavilion dv2-1002ax with vista home premium. When I use recovery manager between install recover, I have error "uiadump32.exe Stopped working". I can't install after that. How can I do?
Top Student
duncanidahoe
Message 2 of 23 (9,680 Views)

Re: uiadump32.exe Stopped working

I had the same problem.  I fixed it yesterday from information out of another thread.  Go to this site www.terabyteunlimited.com and download copywipe.  Then delete the partitions on your HDD then wipe it clean (a single pass is all that is needed).  Then do a system recovery with your recover disks.  This will take a while(2-3 hours to wipe the drive) , but I was back on my laptop last night reloading my software.  Hope this helps.
Student
comparcq61
Message 3 of 23 (9,552 Views)

i installed the copywipe, what should i do now, i mean if im gonna wipe he hard disk, i cant install the program on the laptop ? please help fast!!
Top Student
duncanidahoe
Message 4 of 23 (9,526 Views)

Copy Wipe is a bootable program.  Follow the directions on the website and copy it to a CD which you then boot from.  Then you reinstall your operating system from the system recovery DVD's you created which will put the recovery patition back on your HDD.  Sorry I didn't reply yesterday. I'll be here all day if you have any more questions.
Student
moolameela
Message 5 of 23 (9,111 Views)

i had the same problem yesterday , so i want to ask 

if i used this program won't it delete recovery partition on my HardDisk

and if this happen again how can i recover again 

plz answer quickly its urgent

Top Student
duncanidahoe
Message 6 of 23 (9,102 Views)

You don't have to delete the recovery partition if you don't want to the program gives you the option to if you want to.  If you don't have recovery disks made then you don't want to.  I just deleted everything and started over with a totally clean drive and recovered with the recovery disks,  but as I said if you don't have them then you don't want to.  Follow the directions on the program when you boot with it it gives you the option what part of the disk you want to wipe.  Any more questions I'll be back in a few hours. 

Teacher
mrdel83
Message 7 of 23 (9,092 Views)

Hi

i dont understand why you need to wipe out all data from your hard disk.

Just run the recovery procedure and it will handle all cleaning or anything it need to do.

Recovery makes your notebook go the the factory condition.

All data will be wiped out after recovery.

Top Student
duncanidahoe
Message 8 of 23 (9,085 Views)

Because the regular formatting from the recovery partition or recovery disks leave part of whatever this program is and won't let the computer finish recovery.   Once you wipe the drive everything works fine.  It only happened to me once and HP wanted me to buy recovery disks from them, because they said mine were corrupted.  After investigating this forum thouroughly I found a thread that had the links for wiping the drive for a similar problem and the fix worked.   There may be other ways to remove this program, but I searched the web for two days and couldn't find another way.

Student
DV5-1019
Message 9 of 23 (7,431 Views)

Hi,

DO NOT apply the CopyWipe method if you don't have the recovering disc, no matter you wipe the entire harddisk or just deleting the partition (which should be "C:" where the OS was installed), you will not be able to boot into the HP startup menu anymore, which means there will be no longer a "F11" available  for you to restore you OS.

I've the same UIADump32 problem and thanks to your advise its wipe out clean now, I hope the recovering CD is still available from HP.

Top Student
duncanidahoe
Message 10 of 23 (7,419 Views)

I was attempting to recover the OS from the recovery disks when this happened.  I'm sorry that was not clear.  The first thing I did when I got this HP was create the recovery disks.  The easy setup instructions advise you to do so.  I know this is no help now, but you need to have recovery disks to recover a drive that's been wiped.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation