Question
uiadump32.exe Stopped working
Replies (24)

Honor Student
jo2se4ph
Message 11 of 25 (5,680 Views)

Re: uiadump32.exe Stopped working

Hi

I have problem with uiadump32.exe Stopped Working when i was recover my laptop and i used factory recovery and every time i see this massege.

I reed your answer but i don't have recovery disk (CD/DVD) and how can i access to Copy wibe. 

Tutor
duncanidahoe
Message 12 of 25 (5,655 Views)

The link to Copy Wipe is in the second post on this thread.  If you don't have the recovery disks don't delete the recovery partition on your HDD.  Copy wipe will give you this option when it starts.

Student
vijay9388
Message 13 of 25 (5,179 Views)

hi in my laptop i have this error uiadump.exe in win 7,so during this error if i install ubantu operating system and then sort it out this error bby copy wipe ,it will works means i will sort it out this problem or not??? i check copy wipe site there is they show three kind of copy wipy so which one i should download and use it?? plese reply thank you very much indeed

Tutor
duncanidahoe
Message 14 of 25 (5,177 Views)

The CopyWipe you want is the bootable DOS version.  You will boot onto the computer with it and then wipe the HDD with it.

This will solve the error problem when you load windows.  So far it's worked for everyone that has had this problem.  You do

have your system recovery disks?  You will need them if not then don't delete the recovery partition on the HDD.  I hope this

helps.  If it does remember the Kudos.

Honor Student
bhairav23
Message 15 of 25 (5,063 Views)

Im the recent target of this problem. I have a Pavilion Dv7 4065ei I messed up in doing the partition when I installed ubuntu and everything went wrong. I tried to do the recovery disk method and it ALMOST completeed successfully. It went all the way untill the last recovery disk and it completed that section. When it then moved on to initialising Windows, it started the computer up, i got  grey background image with some mettalic stripes, a small DOS window opened on the top left corner and some writings appeared with "UIADump........."...... and then the error message appeared.

I have been running CopyWipe of DOS on the computer for 5 hours now and it is still wping my drive it has just reached 68%. I have a 1 TB hard drive though. I removed all the partitions before I started though, so it is just one huge chunk of 967657MB of hard drive. So Copy Wipe is working on that right now. I hope it works out. 

Please anyone kindly advise if iv done the wrong thing or if im doing it right. I will keep you posted on the recovery.

Hoping to hear form someone soong.

Kind Regards.

Bruno

Tutor
duncanidahoe
Message 16 of 25 (5,051 Views)

No you are doing everything right.  1T HDD is going to take a while to wipe. Everything should install after you get that done.

Honor Student
bhairav23
Message 17 of 25 (5,053 Views)

Thanks very much for your quick reply. The agonizing wait has finished of the Copy Wipe Software. 2 mins back I just started the recovery restore process with CD1.. sitting tight with fingers crossed... Plz pray for my computer :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Thanks..

I will keep u up to date with all the happenings.

Kind Regards.

Bruno

Student
ecnano78
Message 18 of 25 (4,477 Views)

Created an account just to give a "kudos"! Surprised there aren't many more! Thanx again @duncanidahoe. Recovered my PC with copywipe.
Student
namlanda
Message 19 of 25 (4,004 Views)

Am having the same problem  and followed your steps but i dont have recovery discs, and have already deleted the partition the OS resided and i left the RECOVERY PARTIOTION untouched....i can't proceed because i don't know how to format the selected partition without touching recovery partition

Thanks in advance

Honor Student
praven
Message 20 of 25 (3,613 Views)

Hi,
I was using Windows 7 home premium and I too got the same error (uiadump32.exe stopped working) when I tried to recover my system using recovery drive... Then after looking to this post, I followed the sale steps of wiping out the entire HDD using copywipe... Later when I used my recovery dvd , I'm getting the error "You cannot be able to recover the system using this media", Though while creating the recovery dvd's it showed successfully created, and I'm using this for the first time..
Is there any other option to try or have to buy the new dvd's from HP.

Thanks in advance..
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation