Question

Honor Student
darkest-ice
Message 1 of 3 (403 Views)

usb booting envy touchsmart

I have recently purchased an envy touchsmart 1103ea - fitstly it is a lovely little laptop, However i have been using usb key/macrium reflect to save and restore disk images this works fine on my HP Omni-27 windows 7 and an Asus k56ca windows 7 and windows 8. I cannot seem to get the envy to boot from a usb key i have ena bled legacy support changed the boot order in the bios and used esc/f9 to set boot device tried usb3/usb2 all to no avail so it seems that i  may have a backup but without a viable restore routine this is pretty useless. I did not think i was dumb but this one has me pulling my hair out HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Associate Professor
Sanchertx
Message 2 of 3 (400 Views)

Re: usb booting envy touchsmart

HAve you tried the different USB ports? It may not work reliably with the USB 3 port

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
Honor Student
darkest-ice
Message 3 of 3 (398 Views)

Re: usb booting envy touchsmart

tried every usb port USB2 and 3 usb drive has windows pe and macrium reflect installed and works perfectly in othe pcs as i said
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation