Question
webcam on CQ56 Compaq Presario
Replies (51)

Student
andy_young17
Message 21 of 52 (9,712 Views)

Re: webcam on CQ56 Compaq Presario

I bought the same  cq56 compaq presario latop it appears that plastic shaded looks like cameral in which the manual also read as well i have try several times and the same YouCam greetings displayed backward as well. just dont understand the whole thing its looks like it happens to be there just to deceive others to buy it

Student
AkucintaScifo
Message 22 of 52 (9,116 Views)

Just fill in ''YOU CAM''

then you'll find it!

Student
duddits420swed
Message 23 of 52 (8,842 Views)

i have no images device option trying to figure out what looks to be a webcam and speaker at the top of my screen

Honor Student
cadetsfball
Message 24 of 52 (7,229 Views)

On skype it says that there is no webcam detected. I tried going to device manager and to the image devices, but it does not show a camera. HP mediasmart is also not installed on my computer.

I have a compaq presario cq56.

Student
bellameme
Message 25 of 52 (7,045 Views)

i can't find imaging devices in my device manager i found you cam but it isnt sensing my camera. help!! plz plz plz!!

Intern
Tigrattack
Message 26 of 52 (6,895 Views)

[ Edited ]

Not all CQ56 Laptops have integrated webcams...

If you do have an integrated webcam that is not recognized, you may have to enable it via the Bios...

To enable it via the Bios:

Restart your comp, when the red title screen appears press the ESC buttion...

When the next screen appears press the 'f10' button, this will bring you to the Bios...

Arrow over to 'System Configuration' and look for an option that says 'Internal Camera' or something to that effect, and make sure the setting to the right of it says 'Enabled', if it doesn't then enable it...

After it's enabled press the 'f10' button again and to save changes and exit...

The comp will automatically reboot itself and the webcam should now be recognized

** Please click 'Kudos!' if this was helpful :smileyhappy: **
Student
dibua
Message 27 of 52 (6,693 Views)

je perdu mon cd installation de driver mon portable, je ne sais pas comment installer le webcam de mon portable compaq presario cq56

Honor Student
nariman75
Message 28 of 52 (6,456 Views)

mike416 wrote:

goto ur start and click,type in device manager click,goto imaging devices click,goto HP webcam 101 click ,to make sure

ur webcam is there and working then if it is close it and hit start again and type in "YOU CAM" and click you cam at the top of ur page you should get a registration page for you cam 3 register urself and ur web cam will automatically come on

The HP forum tells you to goto "cyberlink you cam" but that is incorrect there is no such thing on these pc's these pc's are made from cyberlinkl and they like the sound of there own name but if you my instructions you should have no problems

hope it helps

i wont dowload my webcam and Bluetooth CEQ-Mew

Honor Student
nariman75
Message 29 of 52 (6,455 Views)

i need download about webcam and bluetuth with my laptop plz cq56-219wm

thank u

Honor Student
whitneyjoe
Message 30 of 52 (6,282 Views)

it said it had a built in webcam...but it says its a error code 10

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation