when i switch on my laptop the following message comes on.system board (ooa) (1565 Views)
Honor Student
chazlondon
Message 1 of 2 (1,565 Views)

when i switch on my laptop the following message comes on.system board (ooa)

When i switch on my laptop i get :

The following product information programmed into the system board is missing or invalid.

system board (OOA)      product name

product configuration

product serial number

product number

i have a pavilion dv6-2112sa notebook, windows 7, less than a year old

Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 2 of 2 (1,549 Views)

Re: when i switch on my laptop the following message comes on.system board (ooa)

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-PCs-Pavilions-Presario/System-Board-OOA-Product-Information-No...

You can call HP and ask for a field technician or try this:

Ok i'm not sure if this is closed yet....but i found it when i was searching for an awnser so i'll post it here....

I fixed MINE!!! all you need is basic DoS Skills and a bootable USB (all found on google) and the DMIFIT tool and HPBQ138.EXE (also google) from there you just have to boot to usb type HPBQ138 and fill in the correct info. Under basic here is a Hint, Remove your Battery and there is your PCID Number :smileytongue:

Basic Menu

<0> Serial Number = Obviosly your S/N on the back of your laptop

<1> Notebook Model= Mine was Compaq Presario Cq61 NoteBook PC.......Don't think this really matters

<2> Guid Number= This one was a B#$%H i had no clue so RANDOM FTW!!

<3> UUID Number= Select 1 to generate UUID

<4> SKU Number= It's the Product Number on the bottom Mine was WA985UA#ABA

<5> CTO Localization Code = ABA

<6> MAC Address = Agian Random....you can judge or use and get past hitting Enter everytime!

<7> PCID = Ok under the battery cover there is a Sticker....it might also be on the Motherboard.

<8> System Board CT # = i left this blank....it's a sticker on the motherboard if you want to fill it in.<not needed

<A> Advanced Menu

<2> OS SKU = if no windows (0), if it had vista (1), if it had windows 7 (2)

<A> Platform Revision = I put in 110 but it could be different

and then just Esc all the way out until your at C:\ then just CTRL+ALT+DELET and enjoy...hopefully.

You might noticed i didn't enter all the ADVANCED MENU options....if you choose to play in them Go for it at your Own RISK.

Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation