Question

Student
nevetsrb
Message 1 of 6 (9,001 Views)

where do i adjust touch pad sensitivity?

need to find where i can adjust touchpad sensitivity on my ENVY dv7 laptop?

Grad Student
techgrl38
Message 2 of 6 (8,998 Views)

Re: where do i adjust touch pad sensitivity?

Hello and thanks for joining the HP Forums.  This link will provide you with almost anything you want to know about your touchpad and how to adjust the various settings:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01876141&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en.  

Here is the section which speaks specifically to adjusting the touchpad sensitivity.

Open the TouchPad control panel

The TouchPad control panel is where all configuration options for the TouchPad are located. To open the control panel:

1. Click Start , enter mouse in the search field, and then select the Mouse control panel program from the search results.
  2. On the Device Settings tab of the Mouse Properties panel, select the Synaptic TouchPad device and click the Settings button.
You can adjust the TouchPad settings for scrolling, buttons, touch sensitivity, edge sensitivity, and gesture actions to suit your personal preferences.
I am an HP employee.
Please post rather than sending a Private Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly.- Thank you.
Please click the White Kudos star on the left to say thanks.
Please mark Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue.
Honor Student
zihuagirl
Message 3 of 6 (8,984 Views)

I do not have a 'synaptic touch pad' tab in my mouse settings. How to I adjust touch pad sensitivity??

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 4 of 6 (8,981 Views)

Hi,

You can provide your system information so we can know how to help you.  :smileyhappy:

Tell us what kind of computer you have.  Use your product number and the link below to find.

Don't tell us the Serial number - that's private.

Locate the Notebook Product Number

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone on the forum works hard!  Show your appreciation!

Click the Kudos Star on the Left to say "Thanks"!

Fixed? Click this Post “Accept as Solution” so others can find it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember:  The more information you provide, the better help you can receive.

Always Include:  (Notebook) Product Number , Printers – Model Number ,

Operating System and an Error Description

Never give out your Serial Number

2012 Year of the Dragon!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Honor Student
zihuagirl
Message 5 of 6 (8,980 Views)

It is a HP Pavilion dv6448se Enternainment notebook PC. and there is NOT a tab in the mousen settings for the touchpad. Thanks

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 6 of 6 (8,976 Views)

[ Edited ]

ZihuaGirl,

Best Option:

You can choose to use this Synaptics TouchPad Driver for your Vista / Windows 7 / XP system.  Actually, there is a TouchPad driver for every Windows version, all the way back to Windows 95...

This is the Synaptics.com version of the driver, and not the HP version.   You should go to your computer's website and download a copy of your computer's Synaptics driver to keep around for the "just in case" scenerio.   I have not had anyone come back and say that this driver does not work - just the opposite - this is a good driver.  Nonetheless, be safe and download a copy of your website driver...

Synaptics.com - Drivers

Once installed:

Start > search / type "Mouse" > look under "Control Panel" > Mouse > click to open

OR

Control Panel > icon view > Mouse >

From Mouse go to > Synaptics_Logo.png TouchPad Settings > ... Settings

In the Synaptics Properties >

Click on Pointing to open the Pointing Drop Down Menu

Click on Sensitivity > Blue spikey wheel  Blue_Spikey_Wheel.PNG > Adjust for light > heavy touch

Click on the Pointing PalmCheck-Enhanced ACM > Click on the little blue wheel > Advanced Filters

You can restrict the Pointing Zone and the Tapping Zone:

In the "hashed area", you can adjust the size of that box by grabbing it and making it whatever size you desire.  You can also slow down or speed up the reaction time. 

Synaptics_PalmCheck_2.PNG

I hope this helps you set up the TouchPad more to your liking!

When you see a great Post and you appreciate the help…

Please Click the Kudos Star on the Left to say "Thank You"!

Fixed? Click this Post “Accept as Solution” so others can find it.

Remember:  The more information you provide, the better help you can receive.

Always Include:  (Notebook) Product Number , Printers – Model Number ,

Operating System and an Error Description

Never give out your Serial Number

2012 Year of the Dragon!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation