Question
Student
Message 1 of 6 (5,874 Views)

why is my pc running really really slow?

Hi anyone, i need help, my laptop seems to be on a go slow, any ideas please? :smileyhappy:

PhD Student
Message 2 of 6 (5,870 Views)

Re: why is my pc running really really slow?

There could be a LOT of reasons, from whatever software is installed, to the hardware specs, to malware and viruses. Check the Task Manager to see if the CPU is maxed out, Give us the model and product number so we can check out the hardware specs, run an antivirus scan and an anti malware scan. See if your Hard Drive is full, etc. Just too many variables for such a generic and common PC issue.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

• Provost
    Message 3 of 6 (5,860 Views)

Hi,
    Check the link below:
    How to speed up system boot time and performance.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
    Student
    Message 4 of 6 (1,236 Views)

Hi I bought an HP 255 and I didn't notice where the activation key was. now it keeps on asking me to activate, I'm stuck
    Student
    Message 5 of 6 (144 Views)

HP Split 13x2 PC

00179-60889-46657-AAOEM

HP Support Agent
    Message 6 of 6 (116 Views)

Hi there @tanyalaing50 

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

Presumably you are also having a speed problem with your notebook. I am happy to help you, but please post the full product number and verify the operating system in use on your notebook. See the following, if you need help with that information.
    How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
    Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Are there any other details you can give me?

Has it always been slow, or was it after using it for a period of time?

Does the speed drop, mostly when you are on the internet?

If it only recently began to perform slower, have you tried a System restore to an earlier configuration?

Please let me know, and I can better offer suggestions for things you can try.

Malygris1
    I work on behalf of HP
    Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
    Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
    † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation