Question

Student
Angel2246
Message 1 of 2 (3,284 Views)

why is there a vertical line on my monitor?

This is a new notebookwhich has developed a green vertical line down the center of the monitor.  What causes this and how can i get rid ofit?

Top Student
jagdip28
Message 2 of 2 (3,245 Views)

Re: why is there a vertical line on my monitor?

Hi,

This issue could be caused due to graphics driver, graphics card or the LCD display.

To resolve the issue, I would suggest you to follow the steps recommended below.

Check the BIOS screen

I would suggest you to access the BIOS screen of your notebook and check if you see the green vertical line or not. If you are getting the green vertical line on the BIOS screen, the notebook needs to be taken in for repair.

If you are not getting the green vertical line on the BIOS screen, I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned troubleshooting steps.

In order to access the BIOS screen, keep pressing the F10 key when the notebook starts turning on. It will take you to BIOS screen.

1. 1.      Power Drain
  2. 2.      Uninstall graphics driver
  3. 3.      Graphics driver update
  4. 4.      BIOS update

1. 1.      Power Drain

• Disconnect all the peripherals from the notebook.
  • Disconnect the A.C adapter and also remove the battery.
  • Press the power button for 20 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and the A.C adapter.
  • Restart the notebook and check whether it is getting charged or not.

1. 2.      Uninstall graphics driver

• Click on Start
  • Click on Search
  • Type device manager in search field and hit Enter
  • The device manager window will open up.
  • Click on (+) sign of Display adapters
  • Right click on video driver
  • Click on Uninstall

After uninstalling the graphics driver, plesae visit the HP Software and Driver download page and install the graphics driver and BIOS of your notebook.

The mentioned steps will help us in determing the cause of the issue and to resolve the issue as well.

If the steps help you, please reply.

Thanks................

:smileywink:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation