Question

Honor Student
bbjones4756
Message 1 of 2 (261 Views)

yahoo application blocked by security settings. Need to know how to get around this issue?

When trying to connect to Yahoo.games/chess I get the message: Application blocked by security settings.

Name: games.yahoo.com......Where : http://yog10.games.sp2.yahoo.com.....

then it says.....your security settings have blocked an untrusted application from running.....

I was running this game prior to yesterday with no issues and was a happy camper. All the sudden today it starts acting up. I need help getting around this issue before I blow this 4 week old computer up!!

Please help as HP Support in India has no clue what to do....

Thank you,

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 2 (255 Views)

Re: yahoo application blocked by security settings. Need to know how to get around this issue?

bbjones,

Welcome to the Forum.

Sounds like a browser is perhaps blocking the content.

If you have auto-updates turned on for whatever browser you are using then it may have been as simple as the browser updating and then taking exception to the gaming location.

If you are using FireFox for example, and you have also Ghostery installed , then an updated list in that app may have blocked a widget or beacon setting.  Ghostery is a great tool; on its highest setting it does tend to block all sorts of things -- sometimes too much.  The app is fully configurable, however, and is very useful.

So.. check your browser security, check the apps you have within the browser, check where you can add "exceptions" in your browser.

Brilliant Posting Advice

Click the Kudos Star!

It is a nice way to say “Thank You” for the help.

Although I strive to reflect HP's best practices, I do not work for HP. 

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation