03-07-2009 11:21 AM
Does anybody know what could possibly cause the problem in the printer if suddenly almost all the buttons are flashing and the message board is showing only one number 00729C98 on the blue background?
I'm using Apple at home and I configured it using Wi-Fi because there's more than one computer in the flat. Any suggestions about it? Thanks in advance.
04-14-2010 05:11 PM - edited 04-14-2010 05:12 PM
I just had this problem also with OS 10.5.8. In my case, only one light was blinking (next to the camera picture on the multiple card reader area). The error appears on the control panel with a power icon.
Chat support suggested that I remove it from the surge protector and plug it directly into the wall. This may prevent a problem that when the printer goes into standby, the surge protector stops it from returning to full power.
This was a client's computer, so I'm not sure this will solve the problem. However, it is working for now, so it may work for you. Otherwise, the printer works if you power-cycle it when the error appears.
This is the only place on the internet where this error code is mentioned, so maybe this will help some other poor bloke also.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper