00729C98 error code on HP printer all-in-one C7280 (8064 Views)
Student
rycy74
Message 1 of 2 (8,064 Views)

00729C98 error code on HP printer all-in-one C7280

Hello everybody!

Does anybody know what could possibly cause the problem in the printer if suddenly almost all the buttons are flashing and the message board is showing only one number 00729C98 on the blue background? 

I'm using Apple at home and I configured it using Wi-Fi because there's more than one computer in the flat. Any suggestions about it? Thanks in advance. 

Student
mannerisky
Message 2 of 2 (6,920 Views)

Re: 00729C98 error code on HP printer all-in-one C7280

[ Edited ]

I just had this problem also with OS 10.5.8. In my case, only one light was blinking (next to the camera picture on the multiple card reader area). The error appears on the control panel with a power icon.

Chat support suggested that I remove it from the surge protector and plug it directly into the wall. This may prevent a problem that when the printer goes into standby, the surge protector stops it from returning to full power.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00043050&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=env

This was a client's computer, so I'm not sure this will solve the problem. However, it is working for now, so it may work for you. Otherwise, the printer works if you power-cycle it when the error appears.

This is the only place on the internet where this error code is mentioned, so maybe this will help some other poor bloke also.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation