04-15-2011 03:56 PM
I have an Photosmart 3210xi and get an 0xc05d0281 error. I've tried to uninstall / reinstall the software and drivers, also the fix posted re pulling out the toner cartridges, poweing off erc, and have gone into the "print test" menu and done the Nozzle test. None of these work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
02-24-2012 12:13 AM
Open the mid chassis like you are going to replace the pens (ink cartridge to the rest of the world). On the left side of the PHA (print head assembly) is a black lever about 2" long next to a white gear with a tab on the side of it. The tab on the side of the gear needs to be INSIDE the slot that runs the length of the black arm. If it somehow pops out the pump motor will stall, giving this error. Rotate the gear so the tab is close to the end of the lever (rear of printer) and GENTLY pop it back into the slot on the inside of the lever.
This took me about 30 seconds and my printer works again.
BTW, I work at HP in San Diego.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper