Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

New LaserJet P1102W.

Installed cartrige that came in box. Connecting to the internal server and looking at status I get:

10.0000 SUPPLY MEMORY ERROR

Cant communicate with cartridge.

and a warning not to use non HP cartridges

What does that mean and how do I fix it?

Otherwise printer seems to be working OK. I can print test pages form WinXP,  and print self test configuration etc.

pgmer6809

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

There is a protective plastic clip over the cartridge chip. Remove the orange plastic and it will quit giving you the supply memory error. Refer to figure 6

Supply Memory Error' Message Displays on the Control Panel

1.jpg

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

There maybe several reasons to cause this error.

1, the cartridge may not seat properly, so please try to re-insert the cartridge, push it to its proper position,

2, the e-label may get damaged for some reason and this error message will be gone with new cartridge replaced

But the error message will not impact the printing function. One thing can help you avoid to see this message is to disable the status message from printer properties, but it will also cause you loss other message.

Hope it helps.

I am an employee of HP but I only speak for myself and not for the company.
HP Recommended

I have a new hp 2050 printer and I am receiving the above error message. Can you tell me what it means

HP Recommended

Re: 10.0000 SUPPLY MEMORY ERROR: Usually it has something to do with the cartridges, i would pull them out and look them over for defects, and reset them. After that I would clean the contacts on the cartridges even though they are new. Here is a link to a document that will walk you through that process. I hope that this helps.

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

I have tried the advice here with a CP1525nw.  I am using HP toner cartridges and purchased new cartridges thinking that something might be wrong with the old ones.  After installing the new cartridges, I was able to print once, then the supply memory error came up again.  Occasionally, the printer will be able to read one or two of the cartridges, most of the time I get an error for all four.  On very rare occasions, I can print once and then the error comes back.  I'm afraid that it may be a problem with the printer itself.  Is there a way to bypass the error message and print anyway? 

Thanks for any help.

HP Recommended
@ Yooperkiwi,
I am sorry that you are having that issue with the printer. I have found a document that addresses that error message for your model of Pinter. It has an additional step/process listed that was not in the top posts. Here is that link to the document, I would also repeat the cleaning process that the document outlines as it shows the steps to take for your exact model of printer.

If you are still having that error message appear after you have finished the document, one can then try a hard reset to the printer. It will attempt to restore the printer to a known working condition and no user settings are lost with a hard reset.

To do a Hard Reset:
1. With the printer plugged directly into a wall outlet, and turned on, unplug the cord from the rear of the printer.
2. Then unplug the cord from the wall socket.
3. Wait at least 30-60 seconds
4. Plug the power cord back into the wall socket first. If the cord has a module in it, make sure that the light on the module is lit up and then plug cord back into the rear of the printer
5. The printer should power back on by itself, but if not use the power button on front panel to turn machine back on.

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

I get this message. I recently changed the ink cartrege with a non-HP cartrege and I got this meaasage. Can you help me?

grabow3

HP Recommended

Yes, replace the cartridge with a genuine HP cartridge.   Do you still have the error?

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

There is a protective plastic clip over the cartridge chip. Remove the orange plastic and it will quit giving you the supply memory error. Refer to figure 6

Supply Memory Error' Message Displays on the Control Panel

1.jpg

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Thanks for the solution.

Removing the orange clip from the toner cartridge fixed it

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.