Question

Tutor
Chris_L
Message 1 of 1 (235 Views)

2-sided glossy paper for book illustrations?

Hello all,

I need to find a great 2-sided paper that is a good weight/thickness for photo illustrations inside a book. I'd prefer glossy if possible..though most seem to be only semi-gloss...because I really want the richness and depth of color that I've achieved in glossy prints.

I hope to be able to print on both sides of 13x19" paper and then cut that down to become 8 front-and-back 6x9" pages. But the most important thing for now is find a paper that works well with my HP Photosmart B8550 and is not too heavy and not too thin. Regular photo paper is really to thick for pages inside a book, but I've tested a 7mil sheet that might work. But I don't really know what the right type of paper would be for the kind of inside pages you would normally find in a book of photographic illustrations or an illustrated children's book, etc. I'd go thicker before I'd go thinner if I had too, but it's the color reproduction and 'pop' that I'm looking for more than anything.

Cost, as always, is a major factor. I'd prefer a true HP paper, but I'd be glad to hear experiences with other brands of paper if anyone wants to make recommendations. With 20 full color illustrations, it's a balance of getting the quality I want at a workable cost to keep the total book cost from skyrocketing. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris L.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation