Adding a custom paper size (2905 Views)
Top Student
eickp1
Message 1 of 3 (2,905 Views)
Accepted Solution

Adding a custom paper size

I have a HP Officejet 7000 Wide format printer and want to print a continuous banner (36 x 8 1/2") without having to piece a bunch of sheets of paper together.    With my previous HP printer, there was a way to set up a custom paper size, but I could no find such a setting on this new printer.  Is there something obvious that I'm missing or was that feature removed on the new model??

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 2 of 3 (2,895 Views)

Re: Adding a custom paper size

If the printer driver will allow a custom size like that, then this would be how to do it:

Click print (in whatever program you are using), the print dialog screen should appear. Make sure the printer selected is the 7000. Click properties, click the features tab, in the size field click down, select custom. Then put in the size needed.

Like I said, that is only if the printer driver installed supports that function. Hope that helps.

007OHMSS

I am a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Top Student
eickp1
Message 3 of 3 (2,890 Views)

Re: Adding a custom paper size

Already tried that unfortunately.  (Working in Publisher, Win 7 OS)  Ended up moving to a different printer for the banner.  :smileysad:  Would be nice to have that feature back in future updates if possible.

Thanks anyway 007OHMSS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation