01-05-2012 01:45 PM
Is there a way to adjust printer margins or printable area on HP laserjet printers such as the 5000, 8000 or 9040 series?
Using either Windows XP or Windows 7 64-bit.
We print CAD drawings to these types of laserjets and the CAD software shows a usable printable area. I'm wondering if this can be adjusted through drivers or firmware or what controls this?
For example, one printer shows a printable area of 10.653" x 8.138" for a letter size sheet.
01-11-2012 04:14 PM
There is a non-printable area for the LaserJets. The margin for those printers is about 4.5mm or 1/6" around the edge of the paper. Even if your software allows you to set a margin value of 0, the printable area will still be approximately equal to your example (10.653 x 8.138").
I work for HP
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper