Question
Automatic Document Feeder not working/HP 8500
Replies (42)

Student
prestonspharm
Message 11 of 43 (6,019 Views)

Re: Automatic Document Feeder not working/HP L7680

Bought a HP7680 and the autofeeder did not work, new out of the box.

when I pressed the fax black button and chose to use the autofeed then pressed the black fax button again, I was prompted to put paper in the autofeed. I had paper in the feed and just received a beeping sound.

Called HP tech support. the tech knew less than I did about this product. Absolutely no help.

Because I had allowed the product to sit in the box in a closet for over a year the company would not help resolve the issue.

If anyone has any ideas, your help would be appreciated.

I have removed and reassembled the roller system. I have rotated the black roller bar behind the assembly to "engage" the rollers. Nothing has helped.

Student
PAT50
Message 12 of 43 (5,404 Views)

Re: Automatic Document Feeder not working/HP 8500

Hi,

Anybody know how to resolve this issue, so frustrating.

when i send a fax out the paper goes through the feeder but halfway through it rolls back and i get an error message.

i have turned off the printer, pulled out the plug, checked for any loose paper.

Ran a fax test from the printer and from my computer, both confirm fax is working properly.

Help????

Student
larru
Message 13 of 43 (5,228 Views)

On my officejet pro 8500 the adf works in copy mode, but the motor doesn't even run in scan. I will have not tried fax.

Student
JUSTME2
Message 14 of 43 (5,203 Views)

I have a 8500 HP Pro,  Same issues, auto feeder does not work, only if you are lucky...Obviously a DEFECT.......I am going to call HP and tell them about us........having the same problems........If you know of any solution please let me know

Honor Student
jimd208
Message 15 of 43 (5,164 Views)

Re: Automatic Document Feeder not working/HP L7680

It works.  Thank you scrompton.

Student
ipinc0718
Message 16 of 43 (5,004 Views)

Same problem...doc feeder not working

Honor Student
pginhenderson
Message 17 of 43 (4,958 Views)

just un boxed the replacement 8500 a plus and of course the ADF dosent work!!!!!! from the thousands of views on this site - my take is this model is severly defected!!! i will return mine to costco and the replacement back to sender . i will look at buying a different brand- this is a waste of time, energy, and effert. i praise the loyalty of costco to its customers...   
bernie1906 wrote:

I have never had this issue with any HP printer.  I cannot get the automatic document feeder to recognize that paper is inserted.  Is the machine broken or did I fail to install something correctly? 

Honor Student
pginhenderson
Message 18 of 43 (4,958 Views)

the original printer barely worked, the replacement doesnt work---
hp officejet 8500 has an ADF defective problem... im returning and buying different
Student
gqueensbury
Message 19 of 43 (4,763 Views)

Help! Just had my HP8500A Premium printer/fax for a little over a year and the automatic document feed is not working. That is not cool! What can you do to help?

Student
slbeck
Message 20 of 43 (4,674 Views)

Document feeder isn't working - just like everyone else.  The paper goes in 1/3 of the way, and then stops. Can't figure out how to open it up to look at the rollers inside.  It worked when I first bought it 3 years ago - now not at all.  Can anyone help? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation