Black ink cartridge is not working (66313 Views)
Honor Student
shadiahm
Message 1 of 26 (66,313 Views)

Black ink cartridge is not working

And no, it's not empty! ;-)

I have an HP 1210 All-In-One and while my color ink cartridge (which IS just about empty) will print, the black ink cartridge will not. After replacing the black ink cartridge, I printed 10-20 pages or so and then suddenly it stopped working. When I hit "print" the printer sounds like it's printing, but a blank page will come out. I've gone through the various troubleshooting guides, cleaning, aligning, etc. But nothing using black ink comes out. 

Top Student
G-MAN
Message 2 of 26 (66,299 Views)

Re: Black ink cartridge is not working

HEY, I'll betcha if you try filling it with a refill kit it will start working again. I got sick and tired of replacing mine every time I turned around I got a refill kit and actually filled my last one up. HP for some reason (prolly greed) does't fill their cartridges up all the way, only about to 1/3 capacity. I know because I took an old one apart.
Honor Student
shadiahm
Message 3 of 26 (66,277 Views)

The black ink cartridge is from a local Rapid Refill store, so it's not an HP black ink cartridge. That said, I've been using Rapid Refill for years now and never had a problem. As both the cartridge and the HP screen show that it's full, I don't think lack of ink is the issue. It seems to be a problem with the printer itself.
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 26 (66,254 Views)

shadiahm wrote:
The black ink cartridge is from a local Rapid Refill store, so it's not an HP black ink cartridge. That said, I've been using Rapid Refill for years now and never had a problem. As both the cartridge and the HP screen show that it's full, I don't think lack of ink is the issue. It seems to be a problem with the printer itself.

It is almost certainly a cartridge problem.  You can check this as follows:  gently blot the printhead on a damp tissue.  A good cartridge will leave a full dark band of ink.  Your cartridge will likely leave a weak smudge of ink, with perhaps none if you repeat.  BTW, on this printer a remanufactured cartridge would show as full even if it is empty.  The printer will assume any cartridge it does not recognize must be a new (full) cartridge.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Teacher
kevin_techno
Message 5 of 26 (63,807 Views)

Hello

Have a look at the link below, it should assist you in solving your problem.

Click HERE.

Student
nbarreras187
Message 6 of 26 (62,096 Views)

Hey there,

I have a Photosmart C6380 I just replaced my black ink and my printer is printing blank pages.  I tried blotting it on a damp cloth and it leaves a dark even mark.  Also I noticed that when I print a test page from the printer it prints dark and even like it has ink but when I try to print any other document it prints a blank page or sometimes a faded page or a page that starts off with a little ink then fades off to nothing by the end of the doc on page 1.  Any suggestions?

THank you Nathan

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 7 of 26 (62,080 Views)

nbarreras187 wrote: [snip] 

I have a Photosmart C6380 I just replaced my black ink and my printer is printing blank pages.  I tried blotting it on a damp cloth and it leaves a dark even mark.  Also I noticed that when I print a test page from the printer it prints dark and even like it has ink but when I try to print any other document it prints a blank page or sometimes a faded page or a page that starts off with a little ink then fades off to nothing by the end of the doc on page 1.  Any suggestions? [snip]

Check the driver settings for paper type.  If you are printing on plain paper make sure photo paper is not selected.  If photo paper is selected the black cartrdige will not be used, even to print plain text.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Student
assbr
Message 8 of 26 (54,300 Views)

after the refill of my hp b110 black cartridge not work 

what happens

do somethimg about it plzzzzzzzzzz.

Top Student
mlheiss
Message 9 of 26 (52,405 Views)

It's a software problem!  I changed cartridges, cleaned, aligned, etc. and nothing happened.  Then unplugged printer from my desk top and plugged it into my lap top.  Black printed just fine.  I uninstalled all HP printer software from my desk top computer, and downloaded new.  Installed new software, plugged printer back into desk top computer, and it works fine.

Distinguished Professor
Ciara_B
Message 11 of 26 (20,526 Views)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation