Question

Student
new_printer_iss
Message 1 of 4 (2,671 Views)

Black ink not printing for HP Inkjet 3050 J510 series

Hey!

I just bought this printer a couple of weeks ago, and it everything was fine. but the black ink cartridge has stopped working. at first i thought that the black ink was finished, but put in a new cartridge, but am still facing the same problem.  it processes the print command, and takes the paper but gives a blank paper... the colour ink is fine. i even tried cleaning the ink cartridge but nothing seems to be working

Please help!

Honor Student
RickFlair
Message 2 of 4 (2,345 Views)

Re: Black ink not printing for HP Inkjet 3050 J510 series

Yes, I have almost the same exact issue.  Mine worked for about 50 pages (just guessing).  Stopped printing black, color works fine.  I bought a new black cartridge, yes I pulled off the protective tape, and nothing still...

Help.

Honor Student
RickFlair
Message 3 of 4 (2,326 Views)

I went and bought another cartridge and it worked.  The one that did not work was a 61XL, supposed to be long life, while the one that did work was just a 61.  Also, the 61XL was not a official HP product, while the 61 was.  Thus I am not sure if the brand matters, the XL matters, or both...

Student
garypat
Message 4 of 4 (1,971 Views)

If you'll read further posts you'll see several complaints re black ink cartridges not printing as advertised. So, the ink isn't there, i.e. they aren't filling them properly---or---the ink is drying out somehow. I've had it supposed that leaving your printer turned on can cause the cartridge to stay warmer and dry the ink out fast. Why the y dont have sealed cartridges? Why don't they just slam them full of ink. Witht what we pay for and how cheaply they make them, it's ludicrously over 100,000% profit.  My best advice to ypou would be to complain like hell to everyone at HP with an email, asking them too rectify the problem. Becaused it IS a VERIFIED problem.

Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation