HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
07-26-2011 04:31 AM
What does it mean when all the lights on the pnel keep on blinking? It is a HP C7280 All In One Printer. And it does print fine. I did talk to a Tech at Besy Buy who indicated that it is a major problem and not worth fixing. Please advise and thanks!
07-26-2011 07:05 AM
Hi Cheryl - Do you see an error message on the display of the printer? One of the first things to do would be to reset the printer. Try following these steps:
- Without turning off the product, disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the product.
NOTE: The USB cable connects to the port on the back of the product. The port is labeled with the USB icon ( ).Figure 2: Example USB connection (your product might not look exactly the same as this example)
- Remove the cartridges from the product.
- Wait for the 'Insert Cartridges ' message to display on the control panel.
- Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button ( ).
- Reinsert the cartridges, and then close any open doors on the product.
- If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
- Reconnect the USB cable to the rear of the product, and then try printing again.
Hopefully the reset will resolve the problem.
I am an HP employee.
01-11-2013 02:24 PM
Do you see an error message?
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the white star under my name.
Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
I work for HP