Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I haven't written a letter to this blog for quite a while because I have been so frustrated by HP's non-response in addressing this complaint.  I have a HP Photosmart C7180 that has been randomly cutting off the last line of printed material for over a year and a half.  When I bought the C7180 I kept my HP 970 Cse because it can do two sided printing.  The 970 has always functioned perfectly.  In the last two years I have diligently down-loaded and installed all recommended patches, read on this blog all the non-workable “fixes” that were suggested, disabled function that supposedly fixed the problem, used drivers for other model HP printers that provided a work-around all of which didn’t address the real issue which is the driver for the C7180.  I am currently running the latest driver (AIO_CDA_FSW_FULL_Win_WW_130_140 dated 1/8/2010) for the C7180.  It seemed to be working correctly for the last month, but I noticed yesterday that it is still chopping off 1/2 of the last line on random pages.  This is totally unbelievable that HP has allowed this to go on as long as it has and I am fed up with their lousy customer service and will search for a different brand of printer when I replace the C7180. 

HP Recommended

Office Jet 6500

I just printed an envelope using the envelope feeder and it cut off the end of every line of the address!!!

Have tried every work around.........

My fix. . . . , I have to just print the document or page or envelope again!

OK HP, it has been long enough. . . fix it.

I replaced a worn out Canon for the 6500. . .I sure wish I had stayed with Canon!!

HP Recommended

hi!..all you hp sufferers of wrong border printing , I had the same disease & lack of help for over a furiousmaking  year after buying an hp all-in-one , eventually I found that its factory default setting was for american letter size not a4 which we use here in Australia  & after altering ...ok !.....the local sales people should adjust before sale......earlier .I did wring a workaround out of hp ....but.....after 2 mins of non use each time  the pestiferous contraption fell back to default......I eventually got a 'fix' from a genious in India & I fed it to hp here in Melbourne . I asked for compensation of 6 ink cartridges......I got just one !..... hp knows the answer now due to me & they should give it to all...factory , agent , & you & it should be in their manual . I too will not countenance another hp product . [ note that I have not given them the courtesy of capital letters]....jasbo

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I operate a "HP Deskjet F2120 All-In-One Printer Scanner Copier" with all the latest software and drivers. From the onset I have experienced the dreaded 'Bottom Border Printing Problem'. In addition to this and in 'Print Preview', the page is is not aligned correctly to the centre of the page - even when I choose the 'Fit to Printable Area' feature in Adobe Acrobat Pro 8 for example. It sets the page to the edge of the top and leaves a good inch on blank space at the bottom ... Could you do us all a favour and post that 'fix' from that genious in India or at least give us his/her contact details so we can sort it out? You may have given it to HP in Melbourne but the chances of any of the rest of us getting our hands on it are bullocks!

Thanking you in advance.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with the bottom being cut off, doesn't happen on every page, but it is intermittant. I have a C6280, sharing with a computer on Vista 32 and one on Windows 7.

HP Recommended

I have an OfficeJet L7780 connected wirelessly to my HP TouchSmart 600 running Windows7 64-bit. I'm printing from Office2010 and the bottom border was not printing or appearing in the Print Preview of the File, Print.

Here's what I had to do to get the bottom border to show in Print Preview and to print.

1. Click on the File tab.
  2. Click on Print.
  3. Click on the Page Setup link at the bottom.
  4. Click on the Margins tab.
  5. Set Bottom margin to 1.5.
  6. Click on the Layout tab.
  7. Set the Footer value to 1.00.

I made this change to the default template (normal.dotx) so it be set for all new documents. Currently existing documents I'll has to set as I print them.

HP Recommended

@km321 wrote:
Hi . Am using MS Office Professional 2007 on Vista with  HP Deskjet F2180 printer. Problem is everytime when printing a word document with page border, the bottom border is not printing. The other borders print okay. Tried adjusting margin and border sizes with no success.  Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

@km321 wrote:
Hi . Am using MS Office Professional 2007 on Vista with  HP Deskjet F2180 printer. Problem is everytime when printing a word document with page border, the bottom border is not printing. The other borders print okay. Tried adjusting margin and border sizes with no success.  Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

hi my name is brucky i want to install a printer compaq to my laptop and is giving me a error message i don't know why

HP Recommended

I found that sometimes the solution I posted on 7-21-2010 Doesn't work. After setting the following on 7-31-2010 I've had no problem printing the bottom borders. I'm using Windows7, so you may have to change some of the steps to match your O/S.

1. Click on the Start button.
  2. Click on Devices and Printers.
  3. Right click on the HP Officejet Pro L7700 Series.
  4. Click on Printing Preferences.
  5. Click on the Advanced tab.
  6. Under Printer Features, set Minimize Margins to ON.
  7. When the dialog appears, click on the OK button.
  8. Click on the OK button.
  9. Close the Devices and Printers Window.
HP Recommended

AirForce9731:

'Minimize margins' was already checked on my computer.  The problem exists with this box checked.  I'm not sure if that is the solution.

HP Recommended

I bought a 8500 all in one and should have returned it to the store.  But, I didn't and now I'm stuck with a piece of junk that doesn't pull the paper through, sometimes pulls a paper through for no reason, only prints the upper half of the last sentence on the page, and the ink prints too lightly in some areas.  Each one in itself isn't bad, until they happen over and over again; day after day. 

I'm so sick of this machine, I could throw it out the window.  What a waste of money!

Looks like I'll be switching to another manufacturer.  HP's customer services says that since these problems don't happen all the time, they won't replace the printer.  I've never heard such a lame excuse in my life!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.