Bypass 'Replace Empty Ink Cartridge Error' HP Photosmart C8180 (987 Views)
Honor Student
sloppyloppy
Message 1 of 1 (987 Views)

Bypass 'Replace Empty Ink Cartridge Error' HP Photosmart C8180

TO ANY AND ALL,

I would like to know why I have to have a full ink cartridge in my printer to use the other functions. I have tried EVERYTHING besides taking the ink carriage and removing the power to them. I purchased the printer to take care of printing though I use the burner AND scanner more than I do print. Please tell me how to bypass this so I do not have to purchase cartridges to have the use of the other functions of this printer. Full bolean search on every search engine, HP Forums and contacting HP Total Care with a hell of a long hold time with no resolve. If I have to physically remove the power to the cartridge carriage, replace or modify the firmware in anyway I will do this. I would love to use the burner, scanner and picture scanner features more than print as this is NEEDED;not wanted at this point!! It is NOT an error, this is an OEM placement

limitation

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation