Question

Honor Student
Peiable
Message 1 of 14 (7,466 Views)

C309n-s Photosmart ink system failure/printhead problem

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have a HP Photosmart Prem-Web C309n-s printer. I bought it 12/26/2009 so it is just out of warranty naturally :smileysad: When I turn it on, I am getting an error message of ink system failure and then it says printhead problem. I have run all of the trouble shooting suggestions but the problem is still there. The ink cartridges are fairly new and full. I haven't used the printer that often in the year since I purchased it so it shouldn't be worn out??? (I've gone through the sample cartridges that came with it, and just recently installed my second set of purchased cartridges/official HP 564). So at this point I don't know what to do next. Do I need to take the printer in somewhere, or do I need to purchase a new printhead? If so, who do I contact about purchasing one and how expensive are they? I haven't  uninstalled the software and reinstalled, should I try that first? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Peiable

Student
Bubba357
Message 2 of 14 (7,409 Views)

Re: Photosmart Prem-Web C309n-s ink system failure/printhead problem

I am experiencing the same problem with my Photosmart 7280. Did you uninstall / reinstall solve the problem?

Honor Student
Peiable
Message 3 of 14 (7,405 Views)

Yes, I've done all of the troubleshooting suggestions from HP. I've unplugged and restarted, taken the print head cartridge out and cleaned it per their instructions, restarted my computer, anything they suggested, I tried. But the problem is still there.

Student
randjmach
Message 4 of 14 (7,384 Views)

Re: C309n-s Photosmart ink system failure/printhead problem

I have the same problem with HP Photosmart Premium C309a; all recommended fixing steps did not help! Do you have anybody an idea?

Student
lester75
Message 5 of 14 (6,728 Views)

I have the exact same issue.  I recent replaced my cartridges and now I am getting the following message:

REMOVE ALL CARTRIDGES.  NEXT, LIFT BLACK LATCH AND REMOVE PRINTHEAD.  THEN RE-INSTALL PRINTHEAD AND CARTRIDGES.

I have performed all troubleshooting steps I can find on this issue.  PLEASE ADVISE US ALL on what course of action we need to take to fix this - HP.

If we need to purchase a new Printhead, please give us links or locations to do so.  Thanks !!

Student
widds1965
Message 6 of 14 (6,508 Views)

I have had exactly the same problem. I haven't had a printer/scanner for about 2 months now becuase I can't find anyone who knows how to fix it.

It seems that nobody on these forums does too.

Student
bernietootsie
Message 7 of 14 (6,155 Views)

I did all the  what they wanted me to do pulling out the cartridges and re-install printhead and cartridges and still same. I cleaned  printhead a instructed still printhead problem. I turn off for 10 minutes pulled out plugges and reinstalled them and still ended up print head problems. What next buy a new print head ? There is no bipass? I"ve  changed printer with new ink several times with no problem because it sucks up ink so fast.  What happens to the printheads?  How much do they cost and if I purchase another will it work?

Honor Student
NYCHEALTH
Message 8 of 14 (5,705 Views)

I am having error OXC19a0041 like everyone else it seems

It is as simple as purchasing a new printhead to resolve the issue?

I have already changed all the iink cartridges

Where did you purchase the inkhead from?

Thanks

Honor Student
NYCHEALTH
Message 9 of 14 (5,704 Views)

how did you finally fix it?

I ma having the same issue now?

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 10 of 14 (5,687 Views)

Just in case, this document generally resolves the issue, short of hardware failure in which case the service the product section would apply:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01458034&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation